1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Spyderco C230GPPBK Lil Native Black Blade & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Nov 16!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Nov 17 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

Private knife sales compiler site

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by Rollingmango, Nov 9, 2019 at 1:17 AM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rollingmango

Rollingmango

Friday
    Hi guys, im new here and am just getting into knives.

I have been browsing through the sales category on a number of different forums (such as this one) looking to pick up some used knives.

Im also a bit of a wristwatch guy and in the world of watches there are sites such as https://www.watchrecon.com and www.watchpatrol.net/ that will compile all of the private sales forums onto a single page for you and add filters.

Does this kind of think exist for the knife world or do you have to search for everything?

Would save me a tone of time right now. Thanks for helping a noob out.

2. Currawong

Currawong Gold Member Gold Member

May 19, 2012
    Not that I'm aware of. And I'm not really sure that such a thing would work that well here anyway.

The Bladeforums exchange isn't a place where any member of the public just comes in and just clicks a button to buy a knife. It's a voluntary exchange between members many with a paid membership. Members' records and reputations count. Discussion occurs, and because it's between members it tends to be informed discussion. I personally wouldn't want it to become like Amazon or Ebay. A site like you're talking about would probably encourage people who have no interest in the community to come here, join up just to buy a knife, and then never come back.

Are you talking about custom knives, or all knives? If it's all knives, it seems like it would be a next to impossible thing to do anyway.

Good luck finding what you're looking for!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019 at 2:00 AM
  3. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    You have to search.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.