Pro Series Turbulence

Here are some pictures of the newest model to the Pro Series line, called the Turbulence. This knife is a prototype, the production Turbulence will come with a Stonewash finish blade and correct logos.

Taking preorders now, first knives should ship by the end of the month. Send me an email at tjgalyean@hotmail.com to get on the list.

CPM154 blade 61-62 HRC .150" thick, CNC Flat Gound.
6AL4V Titanium Frame Lock.
Handles are .135" thick.
6AL4V Titanium Spacers, Clip, and Stop Stud.
Hardend Stainless Pivot with IKBS Bearing System
Cutting Edge Length: 3.625"
Overall Length: 8"
Closed Length: 4.625"
Overall Thickness: .440"
Weight: 4.2oz.

Price: $400

DSCF7729.jpg

DSCF7732.jpg

DSCF7743.jpg

DSCF7747.jpg

DSCF7748.jpg

DSCF7751.jpg

DSCF7741.jpg

DSCF7757.jpg

Awesome! I'm down for one. E-Mail sent. I'd like to see a satin or hand rubbed blade option though (I like the look of the blade in the photos above). In any case, sign me up! :)

I will think about offering the blade like the photos, I am trying to keep the price down around $400 and take a whole lot more time.

Wow nice looker.:eek:
With IKBS and Tim's super work that will be a great knife.:D

Thanks for the email, Tim:thumbup: I love satin, but I also love your stonewash finish on my large JYD. I Think the stonewash will look killer on this one as well, and I'm all for keeping the price reasonable!!:D It's gonna break me collecting every Pro Series!!!;)

Got to handle this one at Blade. As always I was very impressed. Fired like a demon!

Awesome.

Tip-up flippers are really uncomfortable in the pocket. That little flipper tab needs to be up toward your hip, not down on the leg IMO.

I disagree.
With tip down, the flipper can hook on the rear of the pocket like an inversed Emerson wave system... but it depends of the size of the flipper. On this model, it shouldn't be a problem.
Anyway, it's a question of personal taste between tip-up and tip down carry ;)

I think it is the perfect size. Not too big and not too small, that is why I am only making the Turbulence in one size. It is a little bit shorter and slimmer in profile than the large Lahar, very pocket friendly.

Tim -

The Turbulence looks incredible! I love it, and I am definitely down for my usual number! Flat ground blade, slim profile, gorgeous lines, IKBS, etc, etc.. A knife that is .44" in overall thickness with a .150" thick blade with a 3.5" blade is just about my perfect set of specs.

I really like the handle texture pattern, but I could see this knife loking amazing with a clean, smooth handle as well.

I am really excited to handle this one - it looks like a perfect EDC, and the flat ground blade will be nice and durable. Great work - I will most likely end up with two of these just like the Lahar...... crap, my wallet just went in to convulsions! All kidding aside, the price is so right on this knife. In my humble opinion, I think your quality edges out Chris Reeves, and the price is just about the same as a Large Sebbie.

Great work!

Hey Tim, I hate to question any maker's original concept, but is there any way possible to have this drilled and tapped for tip up carry? I'd most definitely be in on this one, but the tip down only carry is what kept me from buying a Lahar. I'd hate to miss out on another of your Pro-Series offerings, but I'm just a tip up guy.

Sorry Tony, but this one is going to be tip down only. I did try pretty hard to come up with a clip that I liked for tip up and tip down, but I just could not seem to find one that worked for me.

The handle is pretty curvy, so you make a curvy clip that fits on way and it looks terrible the other.

The easy way out would have been to make a straight pen style clip that relates to no other part of the design of the knife. For some reason I can't bring myself to go that route. I like the clip to be intergraded into the design, and not look like an after thought.

That being said, the next model after the Turbulence will be tip up/tip down:D I have all the details worked out on that one.

Tim,
So you have the next model figured out.......well, what's it gonna be????:D C'mon, give me something to think about while I wait for my Turbulence!!!:thumbup:

Sorry Tony, but this one is going to be tip down only. I did try pretty hard to come up with a clip that I liked for tip up and tip down, but I just could not seem to find one that worked for me.

The handle is pretty curvy, so you make a curvy clip that fits on way and it looks terrible the other.

The easy way out would have been to make a straight pen style clip that relates to no other part of the design of the knife. For some reason I can't bring myself to go that route. I like the clip to be intergraded into the design, and not look like an after thought.

That being said, the next model after the Turbulence will be tip up/tip down:D I have all the details worked out on that one.

Hey Tim, I hate to question any maker's original concept, but is there any way possible to have this drilled and tapped for tip up carry? I'd most definitely be in on this one, but the tip down only carry is what kept me from buying a Lahar. I'd hate to miss out on another of your Pro-Series offerings, but I'm just a tip up guy.

My sentiments exactly. I'm looking forward to the next design...

So, Tim, any chance of a smooth handled version somewhere down the line?

I am excited for any version of this knife, but a smooth flowing one would be awesome.

Back