Pro Series Turbulence

Here it is with the stonewashed blade guys.....

1-3.jpg

Awesome! :) Now when does mine come up for payment/shipping? :D

PS The stonewashed blade looks awesome!

I just paid for mine tonight. Tim said it should ship by Thursday, and I can't wait to hold it in my hands! Looks extremely cool!

I just got mine today, and I am truly impressed. Tim Galyean has done it again - this design flips like a dream - I would argue that it's the best flipper in his Pro Series offerings. The size is perfect - not too big but not too small. I am still noticing the details - the precise circular hole pattern on the face of hte thumbstud, the four evenly spaced standoffs that hold the knife together, the beautiful flowing lines. Man, those curves - the beautiful "S" curve that flows from the handle right into the blade, the way the curve of the flipper flows cleanly into the finger groove with perfect tangency. The ball-milled grooves provide just enough texture for a sure grip without feeling too harsh. The fint and finish are superb. My only nitpicky gripe is that the blade is not perfectly centered when the knife is closed, but it is not that bad either.

I own all three of Tim's Pro Series knives (Junkyard Dog, Lahar, and Trubulence), and I sincerely believe that they are the best bang for the buck available. I'll try to take some pics tomorrow evening.

Tim, thank you for making such an awesome knife. I am extremely happy with it, and I will definitely need another to put away as a backup.

I just got mine today, and I am truly impressed. Tim Galyean has done it again - this design flips like a dream - I would argue that it's the best flipper in his Pro Series offerings. The size is perfect - not too big but not too small. I am still noticing the details - the precise circular hole pattern on the face of hte thumbstud, the four evenly spaced standoffs that hold the knife together, the beautiful flowing lines. Man, those curves - the beautiful "S" curve that flows from the handle right into the blade, the way the curve of the flipper flows cleanly into the finger groove with perfect tangency. The ball-milled grooves provide just enough texture for a sure grip without feeling too harsh. The fint and finish are superb. My only nitpicky gripe is that the blade is not perfectly centered when the knife is closed, but it is not that bad either.

I own all three of Tim's Pro Series knives (Junkyard Dog, Lahar, and Trubulence), and I sincerely believe that they are the best bang for the buck available. I'll try to take some pics tomorrow evening.

Tim, thank you for making such an awesome knife. I am extremely happy with it, and I will definitely need another to put away as a backup.

Oh man, now I'm really drooling!:D Chatted with Tim a bit today via email and mine should be shipping out on Thursday as well. I also have the first two in the series and am really looking forward to this one big time! Looks like another winner, Tim:thumbup:

Tim, email sent, PM sent (over at USN) too. I don't know how come I missed this thread.

Is it going to be stonewashed finish now? I think the satin is nicer in that it gives it a very industrial look (goes with the diamond plate - I love it). I vote satin blade! :)

Paid up!!! This will be my first folder of this caliber (never spent over $200 before). I am really looking forward to this one. :thumbup:

Tim, email sent, PM sent (over at USN) too. I don't know how come I missed this thread.

Is it going to be stonewashed finish now? I think the satin is nicer in that it gives it a very industrial look (goes with the diamond plate - I love it). I vote satin blade! :)

I am with James on this, satin looks better. It could be a paying option...

I am with James on this, satin looks better. It could be a paying option...

It's an idea, but I think this run is all wrapped up. You might want to start bugging Tim about the next knife in the series, because I think you're barking up the wrong tree as far as the Turbulence goes;) Besides, do you have one of the Pro Series JYD's?? Have you seen how sweet Tim's stonewash is??

No, but I have a couple of his Lahars and I know how nice Tim's satin finish is (especially on a hand-ground blade).;)

No, but I have a couple of his Lahars and I know how nice Tim's satin finish is (especially on a hand-ground blade).;)

Fair enough, my Lahar is pretty sweet as well:thumbup: I happen to be split between satin and stonewash. They are easily my two favorite blade finishes.

Can't wait for my new Turbulence to join the rest!!

Got my shipping notice last night. I think there is a good chance a Turby will be in my pocket Friday night :thumbup:

Very stoked on this one, I have loved the design ever since the first proto pics were posted and e-mailed Tim that same day. I believe this will be the knife that finally sends my Umnumzaan back to the knife drawer!

Tim,

I just received my Pro Series Turbulence. Far nicer in person that any digital image you can provide! The aggressive bite in my hand of your cross-hatching on the scales was a pleasant surprise to me.

Additionally... the detent system that holds the blade closed blows me away! It takes quite a pinch of the blade spine to pull it open manually (feels more securely closed than any flipper I own) yet when flipped open with the trigger it flies open without undue force. These observations after only one hour of ownership!

Maybe I'll order a complete set of your Pro Series to put in my collection because I just can't not carry/use your knives. They work too good to leave at home. BRAVO!!! Well done sir, especially from an artist less than half my age!!!

Bill Handy

Last edited:
Mine came in today. Serial no. 55. Amazing F&F. The blade just shoots out... faster than all of the autos I own. Makes me a bit sad that I missed the earlier pieces of this series. Kudos to Tim for producing such an amazing piece.

I got my Turbulence. Here's a copy of an e-mail I just sent to Tim Galyean Pro Series.
I got the new folder yesterday. This is a very impressive knife. Its my 1st flipper with IKBS and its smooth. The tolerences are just as good as a Sebenza which is considered amoung the best in the industery. I'm gonna sit in front of the TV and flip this thing a lot today. The design is well thought out, good size blade approx 3.5", not too heavy- I'm guessing about 4 oz., feels great in the hand, and this sucker is sharp. The detent is strong and I guess thats one of the tricks to good flipper. Thanks for a great folder. Keep up the great work.
I may start looking for the Lahar and JYD. If their as well made as the Turbulence then missed out. :thumbup:

Back