• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Problems with Yager........

He posted a LE DC Dumpster Mutt for sale. We exchanged e-mails, and agreed to a price of 145.00 with a sheath. I was able to send payment ahead of agreed upon time (last tuesday). He lives in Michigan, me in Indiana.
I have e-mailed him since and sent a few IM's with NO response.
At this point, I am getting concerned with no responses.
I am new to the forum - but this would be the second knife I have purchased.
His feedback was all positive.
Just wondering what I should do at this point?

dates of the correspondence would establish the timeline for the rest of us.

it would not be unreasonable to allow a few days for him to respond. he may be busy at work, out of town, etc.

and it is no guarantee that he has not already shipped the knife, and just not emailed you the info. in addition, your email option through bfc appears to be turned off.

SharpByCoop

Enjoying the discussions
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
He posted a LE DC Dumpster Mutt for sale. We exchanged e-mails, and agreed to a price of 145.00 with a sheath. I was able to send payment ahead of agreed upon time (last tuesday). He lives in Michigan, me in Indiana.
I have e-mailed him since and sent a few IM's with NO response.
At this point, I am getting concerned with no responses.
I am new to the forum - but this would be the second knife I have purchased.
His feedback was all positive.
Just wondering what I should do at this point?
Bold type is a query. I understand your feeling edgy, but agreed upon time from who? Maybe Yager knew he wasn't ready to ship this week because of a vacation?

Did you send an IM, or a PM? BF only handles PM's. He hasn't been online since 8/22.

This will all work out. Welcome to Bladeforums!

Coop

Yager responeded. He states he was out of town all weekend (I was not made aware of this by him until today).
He was not happy with me, as I e-mailed the fact that he had not responeded and that if he did not respond I would need to take appropriate measures.......
I did e-mail and IM him - I figured since he is so close to me, payment should have arrived by friday at the latest.....and as of yesterday I had no respone at all (7 days later). I understand people have lives to live, but I've dealt on ebay and other forums - communication with the buyer is very important - on either end, period.

wolfmann601

Gone, but not forgotton. RIP Ira.
If you sent payment before the agreed upon time was Yager late or you impatient?

Kiah

S&S Moderator
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I was able to send payment ahead of agreed upon time (last tuesday).

If payment arrived earlier than expected, he may not have been ready to ship.

I figured since he is so close to me, payment should have arrived by friday at the latest.....and as of yesterday I had no respone at all (7 days later).

I've had mail take over a month to arrive from a few counties away. It happens.

Are you also supertool2000? I notice that he posted a message in the trade thread.

Yager responeded. He states he was out of town all weekend (I was not made aware of this by him until today).
He was not happy with me, as I e-mailed the fact that he had not responeded and that if he did not respond I would need to take appropriate measures.......
I did e-mail and IM him - I figured since he is so close to me, payment should have arrived by friday at the latest.....and as of yesterday I had no respone at all (7 days later). I understand people have lives to live, but I've dealt on ebay and other forums - communication with the buyer is very important - on either end, period.

you're way too impatient. this is not ebay. we do our best to accomodate the buyers, but 7 days is in no way an unreasonable time to wait.

i would be upset too. perhaps it would have been polite to notify you of his trip, but he should not be expected to do so.

you sent the payment early, so he wasn't expecting it. you have no right to get upset over the timetable.

this thread really rubs me the wrong way. and thx for the two periods. :rolleyes:

The search function is such an unrated and underused function. Do a search in this forum on Yager and see 2 pages (45 threads) of positive comments for him. I have not dealt with Yager nor do I know him but in viewing all the positive feedback he has received I would have held off on this thread until getting a response to your email.

Take it to email and when this is resolved please make sure you post this fact here so Yager's reputation is not tarnished.

If you were concerned about not getting a response to your communication, you might have first posted a thread asking if anyone else had been in touch with him recently. That may or may not have yielded any useful info for you, but either way it would have had a less presumptive tone than this thread initially did, IMO. I'm not saying your concern wasn't valid, but when it comes to throwing stones in GB&U I think it's preferable to walk before you run. With the benefit of hindsight there are a few times I wish I had followed that, and now I try to be more sensitive to it.

FWIW, imho GB&U should be the last resort when dealing with someone, not the 1st.

use it when you have waited an appropriate time, and have run out of other options ie email, PM's, phone, etc,

thats the way i do it anyway...........