1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Important Info! PSA: If you shop at GP Knives, check your credit card statements.

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by jeffsenpai, Aug 23, 2019.

1. jeffsenpai

jeffsenpai Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Hey Bladeforums,

Like some of you, I use a virtual credit card when I shop online, this way each merchant I shop at gets its own unique credit card #, and that card is locked to only be valid at that one merchant.

Unfortunately today I saw two unauthorized charges to the credit card that I use exclusively at GP Knives. Large attempted purchases at tiqets.com and buybuybaby.com - Luckily these charges were immediately denied since the virtual card number is set to only work for GP Knives.

I hope this is a random occurrence, and not a sign that GPK has been compromised, but if you shop there, it can't hurt to check your statements for the card(s) you used to make the purchase.

sektor, tyyreaun, 357snubnose and 4 others like this.
  2. Insipid Moniker

Insipid Moniker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2011
    @gpknives y'all may want to check your security.

I think GPKnives are some of the best, but this is good to know. I trust them to handle this.

MJ713 and bikerector like this.
  3. Peter Hartwig

Peter Hartwig Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Thanks for the heads up. I watch my bills pretty closely, but if something turns up I will now have an idea where the source is.

4. Boru13

Boru13 Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Apr 25, 2000
    Might "sticky" this thread, bump for now.

WValtakis likes this.
  5. MerryMadMonk

MerryMadMonk Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 22, 2011
    @gpknives This is potentially a very serious issue. I'm surprised that the vendor hasn't replied to this thread. In the meantime, I'll be checking my statements and holding off on future purchases.

6. gpknives

gpknives Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Jul 11, 2003
    Hi guys! The OP, Jeff, contacted us via email at the same time he posted here and we did respond to him immediately. As he has made this a public topic, we would like to go ahead and share the same information we've shared with him with you all.

Firstly, we take the security of our site VERY seriously and reports such as this are treated with our utmost attention. Our website functions on the Magento platform and we utilize Authorize.net to process payments -- both of these platforms are up to date with all security patches and both are also highly regarded for their security. Currently, we have no known vulnerabilities and have had no other reports from our patrons of any issues such as this. We did pass this information along to our web development team for review and they have also been unable to detect any vulnerabilities at this time.

I hope this information helps! If anyone has any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out here or email me directly at [email protected].

Stay Sharp - Jamie

MJ713, `br4dz-, tyyreaun and 6 others like this.
  7. Beak14

Beak14 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 13, 2015
    After reading @gpknives post, it makes me wonder if the security issue's on the OP's side? Of course, just because Magento and Authorize.net didn't find anything, it doesn't mean that there isn't something there, right? Makes you wonder, huh?

8. MerryMadMonk

MerryMadMonk Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 22, 2011
  9. Boru13

Boru13 Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Apr 25, 2000
  10. Beak14

Beak14 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 13, 2015
  11. jeffsenpai

jeffsenpai Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Yes, I should have updated. GP Knives contacted me right away (on a weekend!) and let me know they got my message. Good on them for being on top of it! :thumbsup:

mfunnell likes this.
  12. sektor

sektor

Sep 19, 2009
    @jeffsenpai, thanks for posting this thread.
    I had a similar problem. I placed 2 international orders in this store, one in June and one in July.
    3 weeks ago I received an SMS from my credit company that the transaction was canceled. I immediately called to my credit company.
    I was told that the scammers tried to conduct two transactions on my credit card, which were rejected.
    Of course I canceled a credit card.
    But all the time I wondered where my credit card information was stolen from. I know now.
    P.S. @gpknives

Ramrodmb likes this.