Purple! Because Ice cream has no bones!

Two more going home this weekend, I need more wood. :rolleyes::D
ipkuDAO.jpg

SNGo7Dt.jpg

Those are just beautiful Scott, looks like you poured the one on the left out of a pitcher.

Thanks guys these were fun to do but now I have to refi the house to pay for the sandpaper used.

Ain't that the truth. I have seen guys save pieces like they were resharpenable tools but after a while (sooner than later, in my book) you just need to toss it and get a new piece. Saves work when they are fresh - though it hurts to toss 'em, it's all for the best. o_O Still, a pile of 6" discs on the bench can pile up painfully fast. I really like Abranet Mesh. What are you using Scott?

Nice work too - in case I haven't said. Is all that work for love?

Ray

Ain't that the truth. I have seen guys save pieces like they were resharpenable tools but after a while (sooner than later, in my book) you just need to toss it and get a new piece. Saves work when they are fresh - though it hurts to toss 'em, it's all for the best. o_O Still, a pile of 6" discs on the bench can pile up painfully fast. I really like Abranet Mesh. What are you using Scott?

Nice work too - in case I haven't said. Is all that work for love?

Ray
Thank Ray, you're right, you create more work for yourself if you use a piece too long. I use a Festool Rotex sanding system with a hepa vac. I was using the Festool sandpaper but I found a company right down the street from me that manufactures product for just about anything. Very similar in quality for half the price. http://www.industrialabrasives.com/ I've used the Abranet mesh before but it doesn't work well with the Festool. I also have a Jet drum sander that will do about four or five boards gets them to where I can sand with the Festool.

These are sold to a friend he usually gets a few from me every year for gifts. Fortunately I got one helluva deal on the Bocote, if not just in material it would cost me about $250 a board. It's one of the freaking hardest and most expensive woods out there. https://successstory.com/spendit/most-expensive-wood

I'll have to check out that abrasives link. I use Abranet pretty much exclusively on my ETS 150/3, if I could find small enough discs I'd use them on my RO90 too. The RO 125 is more of a roughing tool so the Granat works well. I only needed to add another hook and loop pad to enable the use of the Mesh with the 150/3. The company I buy from 2Sand gives the extra pad away with full box purchases. The only Festool abrasive I still use (rarely) with the finish sander, is the Brilliant2.

Whatever works...

Ray

Back