Putting a Bonecutter to work

Got a bonecutter in not long ago and it has been itching to do something. Since it was a nice day (high of 4 :) ) I found a good size tree that needed some limbing before I did more cutting on it. This is the same tree that I posted a picture of before that I chopped the stump off of with an 18" AK, came back later and sawed a secton off to keep for woodworking. Tree was about 15' long with a base of 10" thick and the top 4" thick. The limbs were between 1" and 3 1/2". Hopefully tomorrow will be another nice day and I can start cutting it into smaller sections.

DSCF0348b.jpg

DSCF0346.jpg

DSCF0349b.jpg

DSCF0351b.jpg

DSCF0354b.jpg

That looks like it would have been fun, gotta love the bonecutters.

Skyler, I'm in KC and you couldn't have paid me to be out today. Sheesh! I guess once you warm up it isn't so bad, but still, you're nuts! lol

Just the limbs? Junk the trunk bro!!!!:D:D:D:eek::foot:
Nice blade.:thumbup::cool:

Nice chopper. It looks like a couple of .45 caliber rivets holding the wood handles on - never seen such massive rivets.

Sweet ain't they:D Not the most efficient way to dismantle a tree, but if we all did things for efficiency sake, we'd be drinking boxed wine and eating Spam out of a can morning, noon, and nigth:p:thumbup:

So how does it compare, if you were going to be keeping just one for a user which one?

So how does it compare, if you were going to be keeping just one for a user which one?

I have 3 kukris as my users. This bonecutter, 16" ganga ram, and a 18" CAK. All are excellent for their own reasons. I can't have just one. :)

I have 3 kukris as my users. This bonecutter, 16" ganga ram, and a 18" CAK. All are excellent for their own reasons. I can't have just one. :)

It's like choosing among your children. You love them all equally, but some are better than others in certain things.

Sweet ain't they:D Not the most efficient way to dismantle a tree, but if we all did things for efficiency sake, we'd be drinking boxed wine and eating Spam out of a can morning, noon, and nigth:p:thumbup:

You say that like it's a bad thing. :D

Back