• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

PVK Question

I was just wondering if anyone had any recent experience with ordering from PVK? I see that some folks have had bad experiences with this vendor in the past. I was curious if someone could weigh in. The vendor claims all products shown are in stock and ship promptly. Has PVK turned over a new leaf or is this just optimistic thinking? If this post isin the wrong place, my apologies.

I have had no dealings with PVK myself. However, based on all I've read about them from other folks I would not be at all inclined to order from them when there are so many other vendors without that mixed track record.

I totally agree, based on everything I've read I was so uninclined to take the chance and order from them but they have a knife I've been looking for for quite some time. So I took the chance against all better judgment, feedback, and good advice figuring I can always do a chargeback if this interaction goes south. I will update this thread for anyone who might be interested.

I just had some contact with him last week..Says he is up and running. Let me know the outcome.

I dealt with him quite a few times in years past, he did fine with me, but I typically only deal with Blade Forum dealers now.

Just a heads up also, his communication is hit or miss.

I placed the order shortly after my first post on the matter. Knife arrived in the mail today. Seems like it was here in less than 48 hours. Based on a one time experience, I am more than pleased with PVK. No only was delivery prompt but I was able to get the knife I have been searching for for way too long. I would feel comfortable ordering from Josh again. Just thought I'd share this experience with others in the event someone finds it useful.

Just a heads up also, his communication is hit or miss.

Aside from some occassional problems interferring with the smooth operation of his business (which seem to have been resolved), that is the most consistent complaint.

Only ordered once from him some time back. Order was processed fast. One minor error, which was promptly corrected. Even answered an email on a Sunday morning.

I spoke too soon. Thought I was out in the clear. I've had the knife I received from Josh for less than one week now. Last night I was using it to slice up a few things at a BBQ. After just a little use the lock on the knife jammed (push button lock), after some gentle examination with a flashlight I realized the internals of the knife appeared to be covered in some sort of glue. I decided at this point, I've already been had so I might as well examine so that I can share my discoveries with the community. Upon a quick exam of the internals it was obvious someone put this knife back together in a very slip shot way after using it a bit. As a result when I put it up to some use the precariously placed internals began to stick, rub and malfunction. I would love to say that I did abused the knife that way I can at least explain what happened, however I treated the knife like a loving extension of myself and was still disapointed. No $150.00 knife should break after 4 days of light use. Josh knowingly sold me a lemon. All I can do is laugh at myself because I thought I lucked out but now I realize the feedback section exists for a reason. This is not to bash Josh or PVK knives, just sharing my true experience so that you to may make an informed decision. I should have listened, that being said at least I got to fondle my dream knife for several days. I really loved that knife. Live and learn. I guess it's better than having it break on shift.

I spoke too soon. Thought I was out in the clear. I've had the knife I received from Josh for less than one week now. Last night I was using it to slice up a few things at a BBQ. After just a little use the lock on the knife jammed (push button lock), after some gentle examination with a flashlight I realized the internals of the knife appeared to be covered in some sort of glue. I decided at this point, I've already been had so I might as well examine so that I can share my discoveries with the community. Upon a quick exam of the internals it was obvious someone put this knife back together in a very slip shot way after using it a bit. As a result when I put it up to some use the precariously placed internals began to stick, rub and malfunction. I would love to say that I did abused the knife that way I can at least explain what happened, however I treated the knife like a loving extension of myself and was still disapointed. No $150.00 knife should break after 4 days of light use. Josh knowingly sold me a lemon. All I can do is laugh at myself because I thought I lucked out but now I realize the feedback section exists for a reason. This is not to bash Josh or PVK knives, just sharing my true experience so that you to may make an informed decision. I should have listened, that being said at least I got to fondle my dream knife for several days. I really loved that knife. Live and learn. I guess it's better than having it break on shift.

Some suggestions:
A giant wall of text is not likely to get read, any effort you put into writing will be lost.
Not explaining what knife it was then saying you were knowningly sold a lemon is unlikely. How would you know if it were that versus a lemon that came and went from the factory. It's happened before. Not all knives are of equal quality or individually given. 10point inspection.

Last edited:
I've dealt with PVK three or four times in years past. He use to throw in a ten or twenty dollar knife or keychains for free when you ordered and shipped very fast. Again, this was probably three years ago.

I ordered a knife from PVK.com last friday, it's now wednesday, no knife in the mail yet. It's too soon to worry. Hopefully it will show up tomorrow. I don't like that he hasn't returned my emails or texts, and no one ever answers the phone.

I've ordered from there a few times. The last order didn't go so well and the wrong knife was sent to me. I contacted Josh to resolve it and he told me he would send a pre-paid envelope to return for exchange. I never got the envelope or any responses to my voice mails over the next couple months.

I would have just sent it back on my own dime, but the lack of communication left me feeling like I would never have received a refund or the correct knife in return, so I just sold the incorrect knife (at a loss). It might be a while before I order from them again, but I'll give it another shot if I start to hear positive feedback that they are back up and running with good communication.

We'll see.

I've dealt with Josh and PVK for quite a number of items and for quite awhile. From my experience, the guy has always done right by me. It's true that sometimes, return communication may not come right away. However, he's never failed to answer any questions I've had and I've never had a problem with any knife I've bought. As I said, this is my personal experience talking.

Back