Attention Q and A re: the BF Spring Street Barlow!! Read carefully!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you really have to drag all those threads up just so you could get your post count up?! 🤨
Instead of simple post counts, I think a more useful metric would be the ratio of post count to reaction score. I only have 69 posts outside of exchange listings (70 as soon as I hit return on this) but I have 337 likes. I try not to run my mouth unless I feel like I actually have something to contribute. I know anything that makes the job of vetting buyers more complicated is simply not practical.... but I do think the reaction score ratio gives a truer picture of who "contributes" to the conversations here.

Maybe check your Junk folders for the GSJ order confirmation? Only suggesting this because that is where I found mine. Even tho GSJ was already on the safe list to begin with. 🤷‍♂️ The order confirmation did have my username listed.

Thanks again to all the fine people involved. 🍻
I too only got a email confirmation from PayPal and I just checked my junk folders and don’t have any confirmation emails from GSJ. I get all his GEC in-stock notifications so not sure why I haven’t received any confirmation emails from GSJ but I’m not too worried about it. Waiting for the charge to show up on my card still.

I did also submit a contact form with my invoice ID and my BF username just to be safe but I know I for sure entered my BF username in the special instructions box when placing my order.

I’m sure everything will get sorted out in due time.

Instead of simple post counts, I think a more useful metric would be the ratio of post count to reaction score. I only have 69 posts outside of exchange listings (70 as soon as I hit return on this) but I have 337 likes. I try not to run my mouth unless I feel like I actually have something to contribute. I know anything that makes the job of vetting buyers more complicated is simply not practical.... but I do think the reaction score ratio gives a truer picture of who "contributes" to the conversations here.
Well there are clearly occasional posters here, like yourself, who contribute, but an awful lot of folks who don't seem to have much to do with this sub-forum at all. Happy everyone gets a knife, but it'd be nice if they didn't just come in here and make a mess of the place. There are more important things in life than getting a knife :thumbsup:

Approximately, when will the knives be shipped.? I'm moving at the end of October.
“SHIPPING SCHEDULED TO BEGIN ON OR AROUND OCTOBER 4, 2021

This date is not absolute, nor is the price at this time.”

copied from the ordering webpage on GSJ

I'm guessing the secret code was sent to people who posted in the ordering thread back in April?
This will be the first I miss in many years, been a crazy year and just realized I was probably missing out now.
Can't wait to see them come out!
1) There was no ordering thread back in April. We've been over that. 🙄

2) The secret code is RIGHT THERE in Charlie (Waynorth)'s thread about the ordering process, posted earlier today, right in this forum.

Just saying thank you. Lots of passion and patience have brought us to this point. The forum is slow to load - I think that shows the enormous excitement.

Approximately, when will the knives be shipped.? I'm moving at the end of October.
Im in the same boat though i move at the beginning of october. Luckily i have a friends house ill be staying at for a month so mine will be shipped there.

I'll join the chorus of thanks for those who made this possible. I think these are going to be amazing. Got my PP confirmation that does not show my BF name, though I know I entered it. But, that may have been a different field specific to PP. I'm sure it's in there for Barry's purposes.

Charlie, this must be a HUGE undertaking, thank you so much on behalf of all those who are going to get that Knife!!!!
Simply outstanding commitment to others!
I have kept away from the forum Knife this time so I am unsure who else to thank, no I am not trying to get a Knife.
I just want to thank the hard workers on this project. Life is busy enough and yet these great people are here doing this. 🌟🌟

A questions thread has now been stickied :thumbsup:

Maybe check your Junk folders for the GSJ order confirmation? Only suggesting this because that is where I found mine. Even tho GSJ was already on the safe list to begin with. 🤷‍♂️ The order confirmation did have my username listed.

Thanks again to all the fine people involved. 🍻
What are Junk folders and how to emails automatically wind up there? Maybe you have a better email service than me. I only have a single Spam folder (no Junk folders at all) and of course I checked that . . . no notification from GSJ there. Just the PayPal receipt in my regular in-box.

Well, I ordered one somewhat misreading the international context, thinking additional instructions/arrangements would be made etc.

Anyway, got a confirmation from Barry, and the Paypal confirmation so think I'll leave it there and pay any differences as they come. Hope this is simpler.

One per person is a good idea, keeps it meaningful.

Well, I ordered one somewhat misreading the international context, thinking additional instructions/arrangements would be made etc.

Anyway, got a confirmation from Barry, and the Paypal confirmation so think I'll leave it there and pay any differences as they come. Hope this is simpler.
That’s strange. I wonder why some of us haven’t gotten the GSJ’s confirmation email and only the PayPal confirmation. Hopefully all gets sorted out soon, making me nervous 😬🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back