Quality Folding EDC Knife under $40?

Take a look at the Kershaw Strobe. 3.3 inch blade. 8cr13mov blade. Unassisted flipper. Under $40. Flips great and a very versatile blade. It's probably my favorite "budget" knife.

The Link would be my recommendation. I gave this one to my brother and he loves the s**t out of it. It's made a few miles away in Tualatin, OR, which makes it even better to him.

kershaw-link-side.jpg

Great looking knife, under budget, like the blade, and love the idea of a flipper more and more.

Thanks.

TripleB67

The best thing about the Link is: once you grow to love it, then upgrade to the ZT version and get the better build quality and materials.

I love the buck vantage's design but man are they hit or miss. Probably my favorite sub 40 knife if you can get one without horrendous off centering. I really like the look of the Kershaw made Emerson knives.

Another vote for the Kershaw Link. I got the aluminum handled version first because it looks better in my opinion. Got my son a GRN Link with the stonewash blade and liked how it felt in hand better so I also got the GRN version with a blackwash blade. Love this knife, it makes up part of my poor man's EDC.

Attachments

• PoorEDC.jpg
    PoorEDC.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 22
I own quite a few knives, but no matter what I'm carrying, my brawler rides in my pocket. It takes a very nice edge, and it's not too bad to sharpen.

However, I am guilty of just sharpening over the tanto point. At this time, mine is more of a very thickly spined drop point. I love it.

Here are a few you have not considered. All of these are true EDC size. All are less than $40 and some less than $30.

The Benchmade Lone Wolf Mini Landslide. It has N680 steel that will not rust yet holds a good edge. From knifeworks.com
bm40023100.3.jpg

The Spyderco Persistence.
sc136gp.jpg

Cold Steel Voyager with BD-1 steel.
cS29tmc.jpg

Cold Steel Tuff Lite.
CS20LT.jpg

Thanks for everyone's input.

After a lot of reading, searching, watching videos, comparing, thinking about my needs/wants, etc. I think I've narrowed my first non-small-Case type EDC down to three knives: Kershaw Cryo, Kershaw RJ Tactical, and Ontario Rat II.

I appreciate all the help, advice, and knowledge you passed along my way!

TripleB67

I have an original Cryo and I really wanted to like it, it's a nice knife but not easy to hold on to. Something Kershaw addressed with the Cryo G10.

I've narrowed my first non-small-Case type EDC down to three knives: Kershaw Cryo, Kershaw RJ Tactical, and Ontario Rat II.

Back