Quartermaster Mr.Roper

I pulled the trigger on this knife because i just liked the design so much. Its actually a really sweet blade. It came pretty stiff and hard to open though, which may turn some people off. I dont have the proper tool to adjust it, but ive been playing with it since I received it and its beginning to break in and feel better. I will add some oil tomorrow to see if it helps. Otherwise, its great. The design is sleek and simple, and it feels great in the hand. It came very sharp. I prefer larger knives so I hope they will make a larger version of this in the near future.

x2m4yf.jpg

10hj1vo.jpg

Thanks for the pictures. It is a nice looking knife! How's the clip and have you carried clipped in a pocket? One thing that didn't appeal to me--it seems it's not a very deep carry, which I prefer.

Can we get a lockup shot?

Thanks for the pictures. It is a nice looking knife! How's the clip and have you carried clipped in a pocket? One thing that didn't appeal to me--it seems it's not a very deep carry, which I prefer.

It sticks out a little bit, definitely not deep carry.

Can we get a lockup shot?

sure, but the lighting is bad in here. the lockup feels good, doesnt budge at all. no play or rock lock.

1zdokxw.jpg

2qulr9w.jpg

Not bad at all!

I have a couple knives with pivots like that. It's real easy to make a spanner out of sheet metal. I made my first one out of brass, but the first pivot I tried it on was Loctited pretty good, and the little teeth bent. It did loosen it, however. I've since made another out of sheet steel, just using a bench vise, hacksaw, and a couple of files. :thumbup:

That might be the very first decent looking knife I've seen from the company. Now, why they chose some hipster to name these things is beyond me. It looks like a comfortable design, I like the blade grinds and the ergos on the handle look like something I would carry and use. But, I will continue to be skeptical of the blade steel. Just my opinion on the matter, Warren Thomas designs are pretty cool.

Now, why they chose some hipster to name these things is beyond me.

well personally, i was a big fan of Three's Company, so i dont mind the names. they need to name one of their models Jack Tripper, and another one Larry Dallas to complete the set.

also, after playing with the knife for a day and adding a bit of oil its much smoother. this is a great knife.

OP, I'm reporting you for lying. That can't possible be a Quartermaster knife. That knife in your pictures appears to have decent ergos, and it obviously wasn't designed by a blind person. I'm calling shenanigans.

That might be the very first decent looking knife I've seen from the company. Now, why they chose some hipster to name these things is beyond me. It looks like a comfortable design, I like the blade grinds and the ergos on the handle look like something I would carry and use. But, I will continue to be skeptical of the blade steel. Just my opinion on the matter, Warren Thomas designs are pretty cool.

Agreed. I'm hoping they prove to be what they claim, as I like the Ricardo Tubbs model quite a bit. Like a bigger, sleeker Massad Ayoob.

well personally, i was a big fan of Three's Company, so i dont mind the names. they need to name one of their models Jack Tripper, and another one Larry Dallas to complete the set.

also, after playing with the knife for a day and adding a bit of oil its much smoother. this is a great knife.
I was a fan of the show too, I grew up watching it. But just because it was a cool show doesn't mean naming a knife after it is a great idea. Oh well, different strokes...hey, whadda ya know! Another show I used to watch. ;)
OP, I'm reporting you for lying. That can't possible be a Quartermaster knife. That knife in your pictures appears to have decent ergos, and it obviously wasn't designed by a blind person. I'm calling shenanigans.
Warren Thomas knows how to design a knife, that is the 2.5 drop point.

You also have to like that they went with Norman Fell instead of Don Knotts, who I think is probably more popular, across the board.

Wow! I know it's the least important part of a knife, but it is a cool little nod towards shows that many of us grew up with. I see they've got an ALF too. I'd like to see an ode to Alex P. Keaton or Schneider.

I pulled the trigger on one of these a few weeks ago and I really love it for a smaller EDC knife. However I am personally not a fan of any Quartermaster designs except this one.

A lot of us guys who may scoff and laugh (myself included) at most of their knives should give this one a second look.

I got one of these knives earlier this week. It is nice knife design. Mine was bet stiff to open as well, but after takin it apart and cleaning the pivot it has gotten smoother. You actually don't need a special tool. I used an Allen wrench to loosen the chain ring pivot. The biggest factor for how tight the pivot was actually was the tightness of the lock bar screws. When I tightened them all the way down the pivot was super tight regardless of how tight the pivot was.

Are the titanium slabs smooth? I'm on the fence about ordering this one. The design looks sweet though.

You actually don't need a special tool. I used an Allen wrench to loosen the chain ring pivot.
Depends upon if or how well it's loctited. Some you can just press on the slotted side with your finger and loosen the other side with an allen key, but others will just turn in the knife, as they aren't keyed to the handles/liners with a flat spot or anything, and require the spanner I was talking about. Glad your case was the former. :thumbup:

Wait til you guys see the Qtrmaster Regal Beagle

That would actually be a cool name. :D

That's true about the loctite. I put a little on mine cause the pivot wanted to back out and it definitely made it so I couldn't loosen without some type of spanner tool.

I have been carrying it for a few days now and like the knife. I really like that it is a very simple knife design, which seems to be a total 180 from quartermaster usual designs.

Back