Question for the Busse Experts

rookie71

Gold Member
Question:
Were all the Busse Boss Jack Prototype knives Infi steel?

Thanks, Mike

Attachments

• wm_8336765.jpg
    wm_8336765.jpg
    441.3 KB · Views: 66
Thanks for answering my question.
Additionally, I have told only the Boss Jack Prototype knives have blood groove in blade. Regular production Boss Jack knives did not have blood groove in blades.

Additionally, I have told only the Boss Jack Prototype knives have blood groove in blade. Regular production Boss Jack knives did not have blood groove in blades.
I think both of those statements are correct. I have two .22" thick satin BJs that are marked "PROTO" without the blood groove, so not all BJ prototypes have a blood groove.

Those are beasts of blades at .22, one of the heftiest, most bomb proof feeling Busse's I have ever held.

C

Beautiful knife!
Is the Busse and Proto etched into the blade at the hilt?

...I have told only the Boss Jack Prototype knives have blood groove in blade. Regular production Boss Jack knives did not have blood groove in blades.

Just an FYI—Boss Jack w/blood groove, non-Proto:

40518F40-2A42-4BEF-9BAD-0D3114BB59AB.jpeg D62BDD23-62FE-43E3-ABDB-1A233791136A.jpeg

(Not my photos or knife—ran across these while doing an unrelated search and thought they might be of interest.)

I will be the one. Not a blood groove,it is a fuller. They have nothing to do with blood.

Ok, good to know what groove is called.
Beautiful non-proto Boss Jack!

I had a proto, uncoated with paper micarta and a custom shop .36 in fatty. Really wish I had kept that fatty.

I didn't know Busse made a BJ Proto fatty.
That is a cool knife!
Super beafy!

Got it at Blade a few years ago. I have only ever seen 2 of them.
BSIjtuN.jpg

RjolGU5.jpg

Dang it.... I've never wanted a Boss Jack, but this thread has changed my mind! What a cool profile! Somebody sell me a bossjack... lol

So.... what is the purpose of a fuller on a blade? Is it just a weight reduction?

Dang it.... I've never wanted a Boss Jack, but this thread has changed my mind! What a cool profile! Somebody sell me a bossjack... lol

So.... what is the purpose of a fuller on a blade? Is it just a weight reduction?
That is about it.

Back