Questionable tag lines & shiny footprints

Intelligent, civil communication is more valuable.:D

simple and most effective.

I am impressed. Even thought I am new to knives, Spyderco just took a step up in my book!

As far as leaving shiny footprints, someone needs to have this talk with the Kershafia. Talk about overly sensitive. If they represent in any way the company, they have actually turned me off from ever purchasing one of their knives.

As far as leaving shiny footprints, someone needs to have this talk with the Kershafia. Talk about overly sensitive. If they represent in any way the company, they have actually turned me off from ever purchasing one of their knives.

You're going to come into the Spyderco forum, into a thread started by Sal to ward off this inter-brand resentment, and whine about some Kershaw fans?

"You're going to come into the Spyderco forum, into a thread started by Sal to ward off this inter-brand resentment, and whine about some Kershaw fans? "
Actually no, I am not GOING TO, I already have, although I personally wouldn't categorize it as a "whine", but you're entitled to your opinion. Thanks for clarifying though, bro!

Last edited:
very classy. you just dont see that very much these days. thanks for being a great example.

Nice words/thoughts in this thread Sal. :thumbup:

Actually no, I am not GOING TO, I already have, although I personally wouldn't categorize it as a "whine", but you're entitled to your opinion. Thanks for clarifying though, bro!
Hmmm...

You're going to come into the Spyderco forum, into a thread started by Sal to ward off this inter-brand resentment, and whine about some Kershaw fans?

+1. Just saw this post. Very nicely stated Josh.

Hi All,
I've not done too much with this part of the forum - but I remember an "attitude" from reading things in general forums - - we have to remember that there are Chevys and Fords -as well as Toyotas and choice, preferance may lead some to different opinions... Thank you Mr. Glesser, for both a fine product and a cool - dignified head! - I carry my round hole with joy - but never "gloating"
Peace
Revvie

Hi Sal,
I must admit that I have never been much of a Spyderco Fan,until I bought the Digicam Millitary, and Paramilitary with the wonderful compression lock.
Since then, it seems that I cannot control Myself, and now own twenty-nine Spyderco's,ending with My last purchace of a Delica green G-10,Sage Carbon Fiber, Mannix Stag Arms,Delica green Zdp 189,and Delica w/Emmerson wave.
Keep making new models, I am a believer now, I Love everyone of them.
Thank You for Taking the High Road, as many of Your Customers, such as Myself, appreciate all makes. After all, We are talking Knives here, a Passion in which We all share.
We have to appreciate our differences, be respectful,and above all, stick together!!!
Thanks Again for Your Wonderful Products!
Respectfully,
Charlie

Agreed, as the old saying goes, If you don't have anything nice to say, then say nothing at all.

We all have our own individual preferences and they should be respected. If we didn't, what a sad world it would be. ;)

Imagine a world with only Fords or Hondas. Yes they make great cars....but I still love to see and look at Ferraris, and Lamborgini's and Aston Martins etc etc
Same with knives, guns, video games, architecture, etc

To me, the "hole" is to Spyderco what the rollmark "Colt" is to a 1911; without either, it's just another knife/gun.

I know this is an old post, but Mr. Glesser is a man who is very easy to respect and admire.

This message is for Sal or Eric Glesser

Hello my name is Alex Taylor. I'm very interested in becoming a knife maker one day. I was wondering what kind of education would I need to work at Spyderco and what kind of skills would I need to have. Any advice would be appreciated thank you. I tried to send this as a personal message but it said I didn't have permission to

I don't understand what the "round hole issue" is...

Did I miss something here?

By the way, Mr. Glesser... Love the Spyderco Domino.

Hi Alex,

Welcome to our forum.

The knife industry is a unique industry with many great companies participating in the industry. If you want to be part of the industry, learn all you can about the industry and it's offerings. This would put you in a better postion to be part of it.

As far as Spyderco crew, our main requirements are honesty, reliability and ability, in that order.

Hanging out in our forum, asking questions and being a part is valuable, though not the only source of info. I don't do much with IM's as I don't notice them. My email is sglesser@spyderco.com

sal

Well done Sal and others. Just do what you do, the best way you do it, let everyone else admire.

I'm looking for a new EDC/utility knife, and have never really considered Spyderco for whatever reason.

This thread has made up my mind. Spyderco it is.

Congratulations Mr. Glesser. You've earned yourself another customer.

I was reluctant to try out Spyderco but I'm glad I did because now they are all I carry because of things like this. Class act all the way around. I try not to bash another companys just because I prefer Spyderco. Many other great knives and companies out there Spyderco just happens to be my favorite.

Back