Questionable tag lines & shiny footprints

uriously enough I never got to read this thread until today, but spent years on this forum and in the Spyderco forum.
I agree and like with all said, and add another THANKS and KEEP UP with the incredible work, in the product, R&D, customer and people's department.

No other company gets even close in values, principles and respect, and since getting to know this awesome business of Sal & Co, almost all my folders have been slowly replaced by Spydies. Now these "holed" creatures occupy the first place in current and (hopefully) future collection!
:thumbup:

With everything going on right now I must say I appreciate Spyderco's approach and Sal's "shiny footprints" moto. Class act for sure.

Is Sal perfect? No.
Is Spyderco perfect? No.
Are Spyderco's Products perfect? No.

They continue to strive to be though.
That is all anyone can ask.

The enemy of perfect is good enough.

I've been in and around open forums for over 15 years. I have always felt it best to be polite, and act in a way that does no harm.
But honest and open communication is an important part of the game. I just got my first (of four) Spyderco knives, and it's a keeper. If it weren't: would I be in trouble for discussing it's shortcomings?

I've been in and around open forums for over 15 years. I have always felt it best to be polite, and act in a way that does no harm.
But honest and open communication is an important part of the game. I just got my first (of four) Spyderco knives, and it's a keeper. If it weren't: would I be in trouble for discussing it's shortcomings?
Constructive criticism should always be appreciated, however if you are thin skinned you might want to think it through thoroughly before posting. If for one recognize my opinion is not fact, others seem to miss that, or just like to stir the pot. Go for it, I have seen many critiques that hit home for me. The worst are those that just bash to bash or secretly like a different knife manufacturer.

Thanks for the guidance. Each Forum has it's own guidelines, and I don't want to run afoul of them...
If I like a knife: I'll be the loudest cheerleader ever.
If I don't like a knife: I'll say why...

Back