Quickest Opening Technique

I SUCK when it comes to Windmills. I have been flipping these things for about 17 years and the Windmill has never appealed to me much although some people are like lightning with them.

I would imagine the Latch Drop.

I can do a regular horizontal or vertical basic opening like lightning anyway.

Maybe I should work more on the Windmills. They look neat.

This one is a tuffy but i would have to go with the latch drop or the windmill they are both about the same.:cool:

IMA "Latchkey" kids too:D

Either Vertical Draw (Preferred)or Horizontal draws. Others draws including windmills are FAST, but Latch release is a simpler motion and guarantees control/grip retention + alternate use as impact weapon.

At least for me.

my quickest I have no name for it. It's probably on Clay's site I just missed it but basically I throw the latch handle over my bottom three fingers and then cover the latch handle with my index finger. Really fast and serves as partial hand guard.

After that probably the latch drop.

well if I give it a shitload of torque, I can do a basic throw pretty fast. other than that, I'm still sticking with the latch drop, then the windmill

Forward Drop is pretty darn quick! probably just a tad faster than my latch drop which is also eye catching at work ;)

G2

Never really measure, but it is either latch drop or a windmill.
On a windmill, I use my pinky to unlatch it and I love it more than a latch drop.

By the way, slow windmill is the one that showed me that the flipping knife was a balisong! (Codename Wildgeese, Starring Scott Glenn)...

I can smoke the forward drop and catch, even on the horizontal level. I like the ice-pic opennings okay but in a pinch, I prefer the blade edge to be forward.

Regards,

Latch Drop for me also, out of a horizontal Belt scabord.

I would have to say windmill or reversed win.:D I'm pretty fast with both. ;) you guys like my new avatar. I finaly got it to work.:D :D

Originally posted by Sabo
.....I like the ice-pic opennings okay but in a pinch, I prefer the blade edge to be forward.....

Sabo, when I do the latch drop openings I twist the latch between my fingers so the entire knife spins around and the blade edge ends up forward....ready to cut that necessary envelope or box of course...;)

forgot, I also hold the knife with the latch side up and towards my palm, holding the other handle with my ring finger lightly I raise and snap my hand upwards while releasing the front handle and the knife goes into the icepick position pretty quickly...:)

G2

Yup...that's what we called the "reverse drop & pop".

If I do a latch drop (drop & pop),it's usually the standard version.I don't care for the reversed version because it requires me to move my paw in an odd way in order for the safe handle to swing into proper position.

I don't care for the reversed version because it requires me to move my paw in an odd way in order for the safe handle to swing into proper position.

Mac, can you do any tricks with your duclaw (sp) It must be hard without the opposable thumbs to do certain tricks?

Nate

Nate,it's "dew claw" :)

Yes,I can do a lot of tricks.There's a couple though that I can't do without a thumb...like that thumb rollover that Clay has on his site.

Back