Random Thought Thread

When you look at the bricks, you can see that our knife was subjected to quite a bit more abuse than the bark River. Again, in the nail, ours was beat like a rented mule, the bark River took three little taps. Obviously the CPK outperformed the production knife, but I'll bet most people watching that video won't understand the magnitude.
Totally agreed, DBK guys are humble people but I also didnt liked several parts of their video.
But anyways it was great to see CPK being "promoted" on their channel with +200K subs.
So we will have more CPK members in near future and getting blades in sales will be more challanging lol.

P.S Have seen one or two butthurted people in comment section but haters will hate..

Best time to login on youtube
A764896-C-1175-47-E2-946-E-5-F682-CE861-BD.png

I admit I liked the idea of batoning a firelog to make a shashlik oven.

And - again we see that the BFK is bullet proof. :)

Just a heads up for my fellow CPK'ers; I've mentioned this device before. Not affiliated with the company, but I've owned one for a bit and recommend anyone 40+ to look into these.

KardiaMobile 6L

It's a 6-lead EKG that pairs with an app on your smartphone to take a 30 second reading, to help with early ID of potential cardiac issues like A-fib etc.

$20 off for Cyber Monday (down from $149 to $129. Same discount on Amazon). Highly recommend getting one and taking a reading if not daily, then at the very least, weekly.

OBX351 OBX351

Hi man, good to see you. I don't believe there is a batch of standard FK2s any time soon. You might jump on their website and see if you can grab one of the Basic Field Knives (BFK). They are slightly different than the FK2, see thread here.........LINK
You too!!! Thanks for the advice. I've been following Nathan's work for years and recently bought a DEK1 in AEB-L. I like the egros and the out of the box edge is great. We'll see how I like the SS but I suspect it'll perform like 01 or other simple carbon steels, which is a good thing. Now I want to try his D3V. Oddly enough the day after I get the DEK1 I got my 4.5 Bushcraft almost 6 years to the date of my order. I hope all is well and you had a great Thanksgiving!

When you look at the bricks, you can see that our knife was subjected to quite a bit more abuse than the bark River. Again, in the nail, ours was beat like a rented mule, the bark River took three little taps. Obviously the CPK outperformed the production knife, but I'll bet most people watching that video won't understand the magnitude.
Yeah, he hit yours harder and dented the spine on an off center strike. I've used 3V for years and was talking with Guy when he was talking with you about D3V you were testing the new heat treat and putting it into production. I got one of his early D3v knives and I had a hard time getting it to dull even a little. I am looking forward getting one of your D3V knives. Are you going to put out any more knives in AEB-L?

Back