Random Thought Thread

My nephew came by for a visit yesterday driving his shiny new Dodge 3500 with a Cummins. I figured I would put him in his place by dragging his little truck around the yard with my F-450 powerstroke (weighs over 4 tons). However that did not play out the way I had imagined it would in my head. *sad*.

My nephew came by for a visit yesterday driving his shiny new Dodge 3500 with a Cummins. I figured I would put him in his place by dragging his little truck around the yard with my F-450 powerstroke (weighs over 4 tons). However that did not play out the way I had imagined it would in my head. *sad*.
those are the times build memories.

did you eat beer spiced pumpkin beer after?

Should I do the pre-order for the dek 123 or should I do the pre order for the SDFK?

Does eating pumpkin pie for breakfast count as my fruit and vegetables for the day?

Oh man !!!! Can’t lose either way , there is a spot in my heart for the SDFK though :)

But I’m also IN either way !!!

That works for breakfast you just needed apple pie to go with it :)

I could start shipping SDFK in a few months and complete a pre-order within a year, like normal. A DEK1,2,3 pre-order in D3V and Magnacut with all the different options will be considerably more complex and probably string out quite a bit longer than that.

What role does the SDFK fill that the HDFK and BFK dont? The carothers world needs more smaller knives 🤷🏽‍♂️

Dek2 is a compact HDFK, the Dek 3 is a new animal on its own.
Just seem unique and unbeatable.

If they'll take slightly longer, best to start them first in my mind.

Last edited:
I could start shipping SDFK in a few months and complete a pre-order within a year, like normal. A DEK1,2,3 pre-order in D3V and Magnacut with all the different options will be considerably more complex and probably string out quite a bit longer than that.
Then start with the SDFK and get the ball rolling on the DEKs as soon as you can.
In all honesty, I'm equally keen for the SDFK and the DEK2.

The DEK1 preorder was just mid last year and there were still Friday sales through this Spring, they pop up fairly often as well. They’re still somewhat fresh.

The DEK family a whole sounds great but that does sound like a massive run. Most members here will buy multiples of each variant, plus extra scales and crap, sounds like it could be a total of 57,000 knives.

The DEK1 preorder was just mid last year and there were still Friday sales through this Spring, they pop up fairly often as well. They’re still somewhat fresh.

The DEK family a whole sounds great but that does sound like a massive run. Most members here will buy multiples of each variant, plus extra scales and crap, sounds like it could be a total of 57,000 knives.

Music to my ears! I want a DEK2 with OO scales, and I'm thinking about getting a basic DEK1 also.

Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist have you ever done a corrosion test with d3v?

That's what's surprised me the most , it's pretty damn resistant even though not stainless

No, I've never done any formal scientific corrosion resistance tests. The corrosion resistance was never our goal it was a happy side effect. That said, in my own anecdotal observations, it seems as stainless as many stainless steel I have used. Compared to AEBL or 440C, Delta 3V isn't really giving up much corrosion resistance to these true "stainless" steel.

No, I've never done any formal scientific corrosion resistance tests. The corrosion resistance was never our goal it was a happy side effect. That said, in my own anecdotal observations, it seems as stainless as many stainless steel I have used. Compared to AEBL or 440C, Delta 3V isn't really giving up much corrosion resistance to these true "stainless" steel.
Fantastic thank you!

Back