Random Thought Thread

Quoting myself from March 6th 2020 when the virus was a new thing and people didn't know what to make of it except there was a huge divide between one group of people and another group of people whether or not this thing was real and something to worry about:

I wonder if the people that were calling it a "scamdemic" and a big nothing burger and talking about how they don't know anybody who has it and it's not even real have altered their view on this without acknowledging that they were saying those things to begin with? Are those people now saying it really is a million deaths, or are they saying well, it was 10,000 cases of covid and about a million cases of the flu and other things? It became so politicized that I stopped following it or discussing it, so I honestly don't know where people have landed on this dichotomy - cognitive dissonance. I recall being irritated that people wouldn't take it seriously and now in retrospect I'm going to say that I more or less "called it." It was actually something to take seriously. And I'm annoyed by the people who didn't.

People would say things like, "I don't even know anybody who has ever had it, it isn't even real". Do y'all remember that? Now we all know of plenty of people who have died from it and most of us have lost somebody we know. It was real. And it did warrant taking it seriously. I'm sure those people have now done a bunch of mental acrobatics to justify how they were right all along and the current situation played out exactly like they thought it would but they're full of shit. It became politicized and people adopted the viewpoint of their herd rather than thinking for themselves. The same people that call everybody sheep were behaving like sheep. Still are. I hated the political divide in this country before then, but covid-19 brought my disgust of our current divide to a new level. People's entire belief systems fall along party lines now. It's like nobody can think for themselves.
100%

One of the things that I like best about covid-19 is the social distancing and precautions people have taken have prevented me from catching any sickness or virus of any kind in years. This is the longest I've gone without catching a cold or a flu etc in my lifetime. I mention this because I'm coming down with something now. I've got the body aches and a low grade fever. Something is coming on.... I almost hope it's covid. We're all going to catch it at some point or another, I'm vaccinated and boosted which most credible studies indicate will significantly reduce the brain and organ damage from the infection. I figure it might be good to actually catch the real thing and get some of that super immunity they talk about. Idunno...

One of the things that I like best about covid-19 is the social distancing and precautions people have taken have prevented me from catching any sickness or virus of any kind in years. This is the longest I've gone without catching a cold or a flu etc in my lifetime. I mention this because I'm coming down with something now. I've got the body aches and a low grade fever. Something is coming on.... I almost hope it's covid. We're all going to catch it at some point or another, I'm vaccinated and boosted which most credible studies indicate will significantly reduce the brain and organ damage from the infection. I figure it might be good to actually catch the real thing and get some of that super immunity they talk about. Idunno...

I see an opening for a Super Duty Covid pattern...of various sizes, lengths, intended purposes.

You can have a "Long Covid" pattern. A "Booster" pattern. A "turn your head and cough" pattern. A masked and unmasked pattern.

Who knows, the series might go viral!

I see an opening for a Super Duty Covid pattern...of various sizes, lengths, intended purposes.

You can have a "Long Covid" pattern. A "Booster" pattern. A "turn your head and cough" pattern. A masked and unmasked pattern.

Who knows, the series might go viral!

No Omnicron here. They're all going to have the Delta.

Quoting myself from March 6th 2020 when the virus was a new thing and people didn't know what to make of it except there was a huge divide between one group of people and another group of people whether or not this thing was real and something to worry about:

I wonder if the people that were calling it a "scamdemic" and a big nothing burger and talking about how they don't know anybody who has it and it's not even real have altered their view on this without acknowledging that they were saying those things to begin with? Are those people now saying it really is a million deaths, or are they saying well, it was 10,000 cases of covid and about a million cases of the flu and other things? It became so politicized that I stopped following it or discussing it, so I honestly don't know where people have landed on this dichotomy - cognitive dissonance. I recall being irritated that people wouldn't take it seriously and now in retrospect I'm going to say that I more or less "called it." It was actually something to take seriously. And I'm annoyed by the people who didn't.

People would say things like, "I don't even know anybody who has ever had it, it isn't even real". Do y'all remember that? Now we all know of plenty of people who have died from it and most of us have lost somebody we know. It was real. And it did warrant taking it seriously. I'm sure those people have now done a bunch of mental acrobatics to justify how they were right all along and the current situation played out exactly like they thought it would but they're full of shit. It became politicized and people adopted the viewpoint of their herd rather than thinking for themselves. The same people that call everybody sheep were behaving like sheep. Still are. I hated the political divide in this country before then, but covid-19 brought my disgust of our current divide to a new level. People's entire belief systems fall along party lines now. It's like nobody can think for themselves.
Pretty much echoes my sentiments. Will continue to keep my ears to the ground to try to give folks a heads up in advance if I hear about anything potentially concerning, popping up.

the Maple Leafs (shouldn't it be "Maple Leaves?")

Not sure if you care to know, but no.

Conn Smythe named the team after the Maple Leaf badge worn by Canadian soldiers in WW1. Maple Leaf, as a name, is a noun taken as as proper noun, so it adopts a regular plural - Maple Leafs, even though the common noun, Leafs, has an irregular plural -leaves.

I may need to utilize the K18 rough use warranty as it is about to take out, not only the TV, but most everything in the vicinity, as this game progresses.

Or perhaps this will increase its value? K18, used and bathed in the tears of a Leafs fan....

Not sure if you care to know, but no.

Conn Smythe named the team after the Maple Leaf badge worn by Canadian soldiers in WW1. Maple Leaf, as a name, is a noun taken as as proper noun, so it adopts a regular plural - Maple Leafs, even though the common noun, Leafs, has an irregular plural -leaves.

I may need to utilize the K18 rough use warranty as it is about to take out, not only the TV, but most everything in the vicinity, as this game progresses.

Or perhaps this will increase its value? K18, used and bathed in the tears of a Leafs fan....
Torn between love and tears. Good luck Nolan!

what the hell even is this?

There’s other videos showing the engine pieces flying into the grandstands of people lol. Looks like they’re at a racetrack for an event where they have a dyno you can put your vehicle on to compete for HP/TQ numbers.

This person probably got a different award though, like Most Theatrical Dyno Run or something 😂

Back