Random Thought Thread

Long day at work followed up by helping a body guy by wet sanding and buffing his car for 3hrs after work

Got half done ill finish the rest Saturday

View attachment 1815797
I still "need" to wet sand my 4runner. After the amount of sanding and work I've already done to it I'm debating whether or not it really does need it. You can barely see the few flecks of dust in normal light unless you look really close. 😁

I don't want to sand that thing anymore.

I still "need" to wet sand my 4runner. After the amount of sanding and work I've already done to it I'm debating whether or not it really does need it. You can barely see the few flecks of dust in normal light unless you look really close. 😁

I don't want to sand that thing anymore.
For as long as I've been painting it's odd I love wet sanding and buffing.... but it's kind of relaxing for me lol

I actually made my own color formula and ppg said they would cover all the materials to make it and paint one of my cars for their calender...

But sadly like the life of most painters I don't have any time for my own junk lol

Last edited:
I was happy for literally 13 seconds.
cushing_van_helsing.jpg

For as long as I've been painting it'd odd I love wet sanding and buffing.... but it's kind of relaxing for me lol

I actually made my own color formula and ppg said they would cover all the materials to make it and paint one of my cars for their calender...

But sadly like the life of most painters I don't have any time for my own junk lol
👍

I'm sure I'll end up doing it it eventually. Again considering how much time I've put into it it seems silly not to spend another day or two on it. We'll see.

For as long as I've been painting it'd odd I love wet sanding and buffing.... but it's kind of relaxing for me lol

You seem qualified to produce a deluxe finish on a saya. Lots of polished lacquer and clear coat. Sometimes with gold under the clear. My hobby lobby spray can methods are a bit lacking!

👍

I'm sure I'll end up doing it it eventually. Again considering how much time I've put into it it seems silly not to spend another day or two on it. We'll see.
I actually have a piece of machined carbide I knock the "heads" of a dirt nib with before running 2000 or 2500 hundred grit sand paper over (in a pinch I actually use my pocket knife to do the same!)

Makes it a lot easier and quicker

Back