Random Thought Thread

When it comes to who I think would beat the snot out of a field knife, I think Hard Knock and never.truly.lost

Dave, if some how I end up with this thing at five o'clock, I promise I am gonna have Jo send it to the two of you guys. You all can jello wrestle to see who gets it first...

I appreciate the gesture but I wouldn’t think of myself for “beating the snot” out of any knife.
For me it is more about just daily field use along with backcountry hunting/camping when I can and some “bushcrafty” use as well.

I appreciate the gesture but I wouldn’t think of myself for “beating the snot” out of any knife.
For me it is more about just daily field use along with backcountry hunting/camping when I can and some “bushcrafty” use as well.

If you would like I can lend you a prototype. We would certainly value your input.

Certainly did not mean to imply that you would be abusive to you gear, nor did I mean it to imply that for Dave either, just used that turn of phrase as it means hard use in the field to me. Without question, from what I have seen, you my friend, are in the field. Specifically in a manner that this particular knife was designed for. That is why I think you would be a great tester for the field knife and why I mentioned you in the post quoted. Reading above, Nathan seems to maybe thinking the same thing. I hope you take him up on the offer.

If not, the jello wrestling with Dave is still on the table......

If you would like I can lend you a prototype. We would certainly value your input.

Nathan,
A gracious offer and if you guys think that I have some value to add I would be honoured to put one to work next to an OG FK as well as some other quality field blades (Spartans and my other long time/well used customs).
Jo has my deposit for the MC as collateral but if this is something you guys want to do please shoot me an email for details*

Certainly did not mean to imply that you would be abusive to you gear, nor did I mean it to imply that for Dave either, just used that turn of phrase as it means hard use in the field to me. Without question, from what I have seen, you my friend, are in the field. Specifically in a manner that this particular knife was designed for. That is why I think you would be a great tester for the field knife and why I mentioned you in the post quoted. Reading above, Nathan seems to maybe thinking the same thing. I hope you take him up on the offer.

If not, the jello wrestling with Dave is still on the table......

I think the wrestling is a no go... we are well below freezing up here not to mention I think in that amount it is probably a controlled substance at the border!

No worries on the “hard use”; I wasn’t affronted just wanted to clarify that I leave the concrete smashing to the CPK crew.
I do however spend a significant amount of time in the field as a forestry/timber cruiser dude in a wide temp variety and in lots of terrain. Everyone thinks it’s soooo cool to ride snowmobiles for work until you realize you HAVE to sled because of the effing snow! All that aside I would be glad to take a proto for a test run and pass along my thoughts if they have value to the end product for everyone.

Thanks to both you and Nathan!
Andy

never.truly.lost never.truly.lost when you share your thoughts on the proto, please also tell us a little more about your job (esp what you do in the winter). I belong to the group of people that thinks riding snowmobiles for work sounds awfully cool. (I’m also sitting on the 46th floor as I write this and spend a good part of my days wondering htf I got here...).
I think a write-up and pics of how you use your knives for work will make for some great reading and I’m really looking forward to it!

never.truly.lost never.truly.lost when you share your thoughts on the proto, please also tell us a little more about your job (esp what you do in the winter). I belong to the group of people that thinks riding snowmobiles for work sounds awfully cool. (I’m also sitting on the 46th floor as I write this and spend a good part of my days wondering htf I got here...).
I think a write-up and pics of how you use your knives for work will make for some great reading and I’m really looking forward to it!

I will gladly share; once I get a chance to sit down in front of a keyboard (phone typing is NOT my jam so to speak).

I know that I am sure looking forward to getting to try out the field knife. I have been looking forward to reviewing the FK2 for a long time. The FK is (aesthetically) one of my favorite all time CPK knives, but I never pursued buying one because I have been holding out for the FK2. It is definitely one that I intend to hold on to long term.

Back