Random Thought Thread

^ that sucks

You can be stricter on your current patterns (retired and the dormant ones, who cares!), specifically the ones which are very hotly contested. There are swooper for sure but as you know and like you had said, more rules mean more of Jo's time and more drama. Over 90% of your buyers are genuinely into your knives for using / collecting or whatever else, maybe just ogling but what they do with their property say 2-3 years down the road or whatevs, is not really any one's business other than the rightful owner of the property. In the meantime, peep at times step all over their schlongs and when bills come due, they will then need to sell. All par for the course.

I know and you know that some a**hats in some other corners of this Site sit around and throw stones at other supposed "flippers" like they were starting some sh*t again few months back! Yup, those folks really "luv" you and your whole shebang to your face but they can't refrain from slinging accusatory mud behind your back toward some of your regular / loyal buyers just to blurt out that they matter.

The good news is that by and large, the regulars who have been on here for a long time know who bends the rules egregiously on here and those who show up for making a quick buck behind your back. I also know that those who are in-the-know do not buy from those back-channel flippers.

Yes, I'm not in the best of moods today and I will probably regret posting this at some later point. Welp, maybe not!

TL;DR version: making up more rules will be counterproductive. I am an a**hole and I would probably make ups sh*t rules but you are not so as painful as it maybe to see this kinda activity, just let it go because we know who they are.

;)
I saw that:( He's not making a huge profit...probably $70 after shipping and PayPal fees, but after you going out of your way to hook him up when he missed by one post on the sale...he really should have passed it on at cost in my opinion.

You certainly won't see me proxying for him in the future ;)

~Chip

Now I gotta go look through the sales threads. o_O :D

You can be stricter on your current patterns (retired and the dormant ones, who cares!), specifically the ones which are very hotly contested. There are swooper for sure but as you know and like you had said, more rules mean more of Jo's time and more drama. Over 90% of your buyers are genuinely into your knives for using / collecting or whatever else, maybe just ogling but what they do with their property say 2-3 years down the road or whatevs, is not really any one's business other than the rightful owner of the property. In the meantime, peep at times step all over their schlongs and when bills come due, they will then need to sell. All par for the course.

I know and you know that some a**hats in some other corners of this Site sit around and throw stones at other supposed "flippers" like they were starting some sh*t again few months back! Yup, those folks really "luv" you and your whole shebang to your face but they can't refrain from slinging accusatory mud behind your back toward some of your regular / loyal buyers just to blurt out that they matter.

The good news is that by and large, the regulars who have been on here for a long time know who bends the rules egregiously on here and those who show up for making a quick buck behind your back. I also know that those who are in-the-know do not buy from those back-channel flippers.

Yes, I'm not in the best of moods today and I will probably regret posting this at some later point. Welp, maybe not!

TL;DR version: making up more rules will be counterproductive. I am an a**hole and I would probably make ups sh*t rules but you are not so as painful as it maybe to see this kinda activity, just let it go because we know who they are.
You feel better?

Hell, I even gave one away once......

Sure did. And a damn fine one at that.

loJnExk.jpg

Uuuuhhhh!!!!!

I hate that feeling you get when you pass along a knife at Nathan's price, only to see it flipped a short while later for a profit.

My willingness to do again what I have done many times before is diminished.

That kind of makes me want to know who so I don't proxy for them so they can just flip a knife for profit when there are so many people that actually want the knives to use ...

agreed that does suck ...

I understand ... I've had the same happen ... it's a knee jerk reaction admittedly ...

hopefully at least he legitimately wanted it and it just wasn't right for him ...

Good to see you around.

I’m sneaking back in here, good to see you and so many other familiar faces here.

I’ll be putting together a list of stuff I need to replace to get out in the woods again tonight, it’s time to come back here a little. Also, one more kid to bring along this year than in those previous!

Court starts next month so I’m not in the clear but there is light peeking through the canopy.

Uuuuhhhh!!!!!

I hate that feeling you get when you pass along a knife at Nathan's price, only to see it flipped a short while later for a profit.

My willingness to do again what I have done many times before is diminished.

I hear you. Once upon a time not too long ago, I used to smirk at people who I bought knives from at cost or below cost. Then I realized a few things
1. I am a jackass
2. I know nothing of the knifemaker or the seller's personal circumstances when selling the knife
3. Some people are giving me a break by giving me a high quality knife at a reduced price
4. Unless I am hard up, I hope when I sell my knives(hope the day never comes :)), I extend the same courtesy that multiple people have shown me

The above is not a ding against people who 'flip' knives. Like I said, I have zero idea of what is going in your life.

For you folks in northern states and Canuckistan, this may be a joke, but I am in Aridzona. I took this picture in front of my garage door 2 days ago. The snow has not melted at all.
A snow plow came through, but didn't help at all. I tried to clear a path to the street so that I could bring the trash thingy up. I got about 3 feet and had to quit.

IMG-0028.jpg

IMG-0031.jpg

UffDa UffDa come on, thats just a skiff, hah.
But i imagine in arizona, no one has snow equiptment, lol. Snow shovel? Does cpk make a snow shovel?
I wonder where they found the plow and how long it took them to start it. Hah.

They have snow plows, but typically we get 2 or 3 inches and it usually melts by noon. I have been here for almost 15 years and we have never had anything like this.

I have snow shovel, but I also have heart problems. What I need is a snow plow.

old-man-plowing.jpg

For you folks in northern states and Canuckistan, this may be a joke, but I am in Aridzona. I took this picture in front of my garage door 2 days ago. The snow has not melted at all.
A snow plow came through, but didn't help at all. I tried to clear a path to the street so that I could bring the trash thingy up. I got about 3 feet and had to quit.

IMG-0028.jpg

IMG-0031.jpg
Man I can’t wait to live up near the Prescott/Chino Valley areas!

Back