1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

Random Thought Thread

Discussion in 'Carothers Performance Knives' started by Nathan the Machinist, Jul 17, 2017.

1. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    Shouldn't be hard too figure out...not too many in that configuration floating around:rolleyes:

Edit-I found what you're talking about...guess the price was too rich even for Ebay. At least I know who NOT to proxy for or sell to now:(

2. fonedork

fonedork Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Which UF should I sharpen a false edge on, 3v or aebl?

3. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    Both, of course...

4. betzner

betzner CenCal Coast Platinum Member

Jan 23, 2007
    Neither.

5. Lorien

Lorien Moderator Moderator

Dec 5, 2005
    3v would probably be easier, just gotta mind the heat

6. UffDa

UffDa Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 1999
    There is a FK2 in the Exchange for only $480. Better jump on it. :p

7. WValtakis

May 29, 2004
    Yeah, apparently he couldn't get the $560 on the bay so he's back to shaft us:rolleyes:

8. Nathan the Machinist

Nathan the Machinist KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 13, 2007
    ...I'm literally making thousands of those...

9. UffDa

UffDa Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 1999
    It is his right to ask anything for it. It is our right to laugh at him. Of course, if he gets his price, the laugh is on us. :D

10. Odog27

Odog27 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2011
    3V. The AEBL is rare - I’d leave it as made.

11. Standard78

Standard78 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2015
    That’s some Confusius shit right there.

gusbuster, Odog27, WValtakis and 2 others like this.
  12. Nathan the Machinist

Nathan the Machinist KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 13, 2007
    Jo, Dan and Bennie Boo are competing at the National Championship in Texas this weekend. I spent the better part of a day dressing out dents and dings and getting knives freaky sharp. Jo is undefeated for the season but she hasn't been up against last year's world champion yet since facing her (and taking 2nd) in worlds last year. But she has been practicing and her knife and her technique are dialed in now. Jo's the only woman to two hit a 1X4 in competition and she's heading into this competition with a big power advantage there and she's very strong in all of the other cuts too so I think she stands a good chance of winning this thing tomorrow. But, you know, fingers crossed.

13. gusbuster

gusbuster Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Good Luck NinJo! :thumbsup::)

14. Fullflat

Fullflat Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2018
    Make room in that trophy case.. Momma’s bringing home another one. Give em hell Jo!

15. Odog27

Odog27 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Good luck Jo!
    Can’t wait to see the new buckle on the “Ninjo” belt!!!

16. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2016
    You got this, Jo! Get after it!!!

17. Jo the Machinist

Jo the Machinist KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 17, 2015
    Thanks guys! I’m so excited! Even treated myself to a new hat!
    47BFA7EC-45AF-4F0A-8BD8-2E7D541F80B6.jpeg

18. unwisefool

unwisefool Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Argh, when I hear that it makes me hesitant to use mine that just came in

19. unwisefool

unwisefool Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Good luck!

20. mpjustin

mpjustin Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 5, 2009
    You got this Jo!!! Have fun and good luck!