Random Thought Thread

Young man, you're a knife/steel/design/development/execution/production phenom & maven, but "son" you ain't no #tag expert. So take it from Unc. Matty and do not repeat rookie mistakes again! #tags do not use Capital letters and there's no space! Ask your Kiddos :p You're welcome.
Nice to see you around again Uncle Matty, if anyone knows hash,tags it’s you sir. Hopefully things are looking better for you and yours.

Between machining the dagger and machining the fixture I used 25 slots of the 30 tool carousel. Of those tools, 12 were consumed and replaced during the 32 hours of spindle time, so this project has used 37 tools and I haven't even started the scales yet. The starting stock weighed a little over 24 pounds and is now down to 1 pound 6 ounces. There's a good reason people don't make knives this way, it's probably the most ridiculous project of its nature that I've undertaken, but it does allow something that is pretty unique.

View attachment 1114463

Holy carp!!! :eek: That is some serious machine time! :eek::eek::eek: Large parts worth $20k-$30k each for some of the wind tunnel models I've had made (wings, rocket forebodies, balance blocks) didn't take that long... :confused:

Happy 420 to Bob, Lorien and Tommy?
thank you :)
T2OVeSU.jpg

Hard Knocks Hard Knocks DIY swedge and fasteners, like a pro.

Thanks J! I sure do like the way that black & green g10 model turned out. The g10 scales modded beautifully with the spotting bit, and just made for a perfect fit-up. I can only take credit for the fastener swap though, Josh at REK did the swedges and pry removal for me, and that gentleman is most certainly a pro :thumbsup:

Very large sale, Utility Field Knives in Delta 3V Friday April 26th out in the main sale area here: https://www.bladeforums.com/forums/for-sale-fixed-blades.754/

Sales are at 3:00 eastern time.

I'm not sure how many there's going to be, I need to count the remaining blade stock. Probably around 70-80

Our sale of these last week was pretty laid back and slow so this should be even more relaxed. Folks bemoaning the speed required to get the knife they want should find this more to their liking. I expect it may stay open for days. This will be the last sale of these for a while because it will deplete our blade stock. We will run more of these again later in the year.

...And the crowd goes wild.

"it may stay open for days" remains to be seen. I'm setting the over/under at 90 minutes, and I'm taking the under.

...And the crowd goes wild.

"it may stay open for days" remains to be seen. I'm setting the over/under at 90 minutes, and I'm taking the under.
Well, I kept my promise and waited until the 'feeding frenzy' died down enough to indicate that most folks who've wanted one, managed to get one, before I tried for another.

I think the last sale seems to have indicated that. With 70-80 available this Friday, I would think that this one should be even more laid back.

That's the plan. We could break this sale up into multiple smaller sales and maintain the frenzy, but we are intentionally not doing that. The idea is to simplify the order process for people as best we can.

As an early adapter and owner of the Medium Chopper pattern from 2018, I didn't add another MC to my preorder when I had the chance and went with the HDMC option instead. If possible and when your tight schedule permits, I would like you to explain the tweaks (pics would be great if/when) between this newer 2019 MC as opposed to that older 2019 MC which I do not want to call the prototype version (yet!).

Uncle Matty, the New MC's (Pre-order only-so sorry) have the New and one time exclusive offering of the "CPK Penetrator Tip" :p

View attachment 1116258

Back