Random Thought Thread

Great job with the CPK Encyclopedia AR-Trvlr AR-Trvlr !

Unless I missed it, I didn't see the 8" Shiv WIP thread linked: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/advanced-knife-machining-wip-pointy-fighter.1048443/

The Shiv WIP and the UF WIP were the ones that introduced me to CPK several years ago. Against my expectations I now have an UF thanks to the pre-order. Really nice knife, the fit and finish is great considering the knives come "as machined with stonewash", there seem to be less tool marks compared to UFKs for example. I guess the new Mori is working good. If I had to nitpick something I would say the edge could have been a bit better. I think it had tasted a bit too much buffing wheel (looking at the secondary bevel it looks like it has been belt sharpened and buffed), which had rounded the apex slightly. It's a serviceable edge though and since I plan to use and sharpen the knife, it's not a problem for me.

I wish I could afford and justify getting more knives from CPK, but I have to try to restrain myself. The extra shipping costs and especially import fees mean that the prices are multiplied by 1.4 to 1.5 before I get my hands on the knives, that sadly eats some the good value that CPK is offering.

I have to mention that the CPK subforum has a great community too, helpful and friendly people here!

Wow this must have taken a lot of effort. I appreciate you taking the time. :thumbsup:

You're welcome - I'm glad I could give something back to the community. And everyone else is welcome as well. I rather enjoyed the time going back through all the old threads.

AWESOME contribution: AR-Trvlr
You may wish to lock the thread so that no one accidentally adds to it by commenting, etc, without yours or Nathan's permission! I think that if you lock it, Nathan can still access but not vice versa! Just a thought :)
Thanks for the suggestion. I wasn't aware that it was an option, but makes sense.
Great job with the CPK Encyclopedia AR-Trvlr AR-Trvlr !
Unless I missed it, I didn't see the 8" Shiv WIP thread linked: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/advanced-knife-machining-wip-pointy-fighter.1048443/
A great suggestion. I've added it.

You might want to add to the model header a production status for the new folks: retired/in production/ future model or something.

Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist it might be a shorter list to identify which ones are *not* retired. The DEK1 is upcoming. The Behemother is in production. The Utility Fighter (and Double-Edge Fighter) is in production. The K18 is in production. Am I missing anything?

Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist it might be a shorter list to identify which ones are *not* retired. The DEK1 is upcoming. The Behemother is in production. The Utility Fighter (and Double-Edge Fighter) is in production. The K18 is in production. Am I missing anything?
Awesome thread! As everyone else has said, thanks for taking all the time to compile all that and dig up all those links!

BTW, just one small detail:
It's Keffeler, not Keffler.

So I was awake at 3am and decided to pull together some info. Nathan,Jo, or Mods - Feel free to make a sticky, delete, or whatever.

I need to go back in and tag the images correctly, and hotlink the first post to the model info below, but it's a start.

Alternately we can ahve a separate thread for each model ala http://www.knifetalkforums.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=40328#Post40328

ETA: I may not have the model info right, or the official names, or may have missed something. Just let me know and I'll edit. Nathan, Jo, or the Mods can also feel free to made edits as appropriate.

Wow, that's quite an extensive CPK resource and you're just getting started! lol Great work man!

So I was awake at 3am and decided to pull together some info. Nathan,Jo, or Mods - Feel free to make a sticky, delete, or whatever.

I need to go back in and tag the images correctly, and hotlink the first post to the model info below, but it's a start.

Alternately we can ahve a separate thread for each model ala http://www.knifetalkforums.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=40328#Post40328

ETA: I may not have the model info right, or the official names, or may have missed something. Just let me know and I'll edit. Nathan, Jo, or the Mods can also feel free to made edits as appropriate.

:thumbsup: Thanks AR-Trvlr! Outstanding thread.

RE: CPK Encyclopedia. When I saw that my first thought was, "oh no! Busse acronyms!" Then I thought, "we need that." Then I noticed AR-Trvlr's avatar. :D Onk!

Good job. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Busse fans line up at the trough. What do Nate's fans line up at?

(No insults intended.)

Back