Random Thought Thread

Blues Blues theres really no excuse. just give him what he wants and you'll be his favorite, I promise.

(he wants a sandwich)
maxresdefault.jpg

"Hold the mayo!"

LMAyO

on a darker note. can you imagine running across a clean bones human skeleton like that? just out on a walk?

scary man. scary.
Back when I still lived and worked in NYC, one day I was out riding my bike and came across a body, (not a skeleton), of a young man along the Belt Parkway at Cross Bay Blvd. He had been stabbed to death and (apparently) dumped from a car.

As I walked up to the NYPD officers that were arriving on scene I noticed that the victim had on a t-shirt that said:

"Hard Work Won't Kill You"

Food for thought or irony...I never quite came to a conclusion.

It was that damn Magua, meanest Indian ever
They filmed the water scenes for the movie about four to five miles (as the crow flies) from where I live. (Of course, I loved the book as well.)

Dan Winkler made some of the blades for the film. I don't remember if it was knives or 'hawks or what at the moment.

I think mine might have looked good in that movie...

Winkler4.jpgWinkler3.jpg

They filmed the water scenes for the movie about four to five miles (as the crow flies) from where I live. (Of course, I loved the book as well.)

Dan Winkler made some of the blades for the film. I don't remember if it was knives or 'hawks or what at the moment.

I think mine might have looked good in that movie...

View attachment 1663510View attachment 1663511
Oh man, I really love those Winkler primitive knives. Would love me some parfleche sheaths too. Wes Studi was scary as hell in those movies.

Oh man, I really love those Winkler primitive knives. Would love me some parfleche sheaths too. Wes Studi was scary as hell in those movies.
I used to visit with Dan and Karen at the shows, and at one, several years ago I had hemmed and hawed over that particular piece quite a bit. (Elk bone handle, rawhide wrap). Karen's sheath is amazing with snapping turtle claws, woodpecker feathers and other exotic accoutrements.

The next morning as the show was wrapping up, Dan saw me and made me an offer I couldn't refuse...and so it's been living with me ever since. :cool:

As to Wes Studi...I've been a fan of his for years. He really is a versatile actor...and I agree...he was not to be trifled with in that film.

That is one of the scenes filmed a few miles from our home.

Certainly a dramatic scene...if not entirely "true to life".

I love Cooper's "Leatherstocking Tales".

It is certainly an intense scene. I'd say that the movie itself showcases one of Wes Studi's finest performances, for sure.

The Leatherstocking Tales were very much boyhood favorites of mine. I won't get too much into my childhood but I always felt a kinship to ol' Natty Bumpo - if a plain, unassuming guy like him could be such a badass, there was hope for me yet!

Back when I still lived and worked in NYC, one day I was out riding my bike and came across a body, (not a skeleton), of a young man along the Belt Parkway at Cross Bay Blvd. He had been stabbed to death and (apparently) dumped from a car.

As I walked up to the NYPD officers that were arriving on scene I noticed that the victim had on a t-shirt that said:

"Hard Work Won't Kill You"

Food for thought or irony...I never quite came to a conclusion.
food for irony

"Back when I still lived and worked in NYC . . . ."

And suddenly another piece of the puzzle falls into place.

I hate to break it to you, counselor, but it was hardly a secret around these parts. LOL!

Yep...guilty. I spent most of my first 35 years living in the Boroughs of NYC...with a few notable absences. (Not prison.)

And then I escaped to points south...for work, and finishing that chapter, moved half way back into a little mountain holler where the Lincolns and Caddies can't find me among the bear, coyotes and bobcats. (And occasional hornets.)

Back