Rangers Do Lead The Way

I hope every one has got a chance to watch the ranger chalange
It has been fantastac covridge,and kodos to LT COL.North.
Hay andy has hollywood been calling.For those of you that did not
have a chance to see monday nights show.Andy had a spot explaning
the hawk and knif throwing events.Andy I didnt know you were so short.
all kiding aside kudos to ATC for suporting americas finest solders
next to the MARIENS of corse.....If you missed any of itit will be on monday night the first two episodsfollowed by the third.On the oln network.It is well worth the watch just to see the sheer balls the rangers have.the onley problem being oln did not show enough covrige of the hawk and knife throwing.But may be next year all in all well worth the watch...........

I agree - average Army regulars aren't ready for Marines; but compare Marine Bootcamp with Ranger School... Nuff said? :D

Blue - you know it doesn't matter who you are or what you did in the ARMY if you want to be a Marine you gotta go through Marine Bootcamp.
But you can be a Marine anything and get into the Army wo/ going to thier bootcamp.

NUFF SAID

Marine Bootcamp v.s. Ranger School is like apples and oranges.2 totally different things.Force Recon Marines v.s Army Rangers is a better comparison.

One things is for sure Blueflint , no matter what you say or what I day we both are gonna have the same opinions even after the argument is over.I think that is a NUFF SAID!:)

I mean no argument - just havin' a little fun! It seems a lot of service guys I talk to have a few wise things to say about other branches :D I like the Marines - my decision actually came down to Marines or Rangers... I was decided when I found out Marines are more often loaned to the UN and given rubber bullets... I feel bad for the Marines, no service man should be stuck under UN command!!!

This is too funny! You guys should see it when Justin and Rob from Survival Sheath Systems get together at shows and stuff! Everyone here knows that Justin was a Ranger for almost 9 years. Rob was a Marine first, then joined the Army later and became and E.O.D. technician. When he's pinned down on picking though, he always identify's himself as a Marine.

The slam fest goes on for days and is brutal. ;) All kinds of Army jokes, Marine jokes, etc.. ...makes me feel left out. :(

When I told them I was going to enlist at 34 just so I could be part of there joking club, apparently, that was the biggest joke of ALL to them!! :) Justin was going to get some of his Drill Sergeant friends to hang signs all over the place at Benning that said, "Private Prisco"'s this or "Private Prisco"'s that. Too funny.

Believe it or not, Marines sometimes go to Ranger School so they can get Ranger tabbed...so yes, the remark above is true (from my eyes as an observer)...they are different things. Gunny Oakes, BRC 2001 winner, is a Marine stationed at the Ranger Training Brigade, and a Ranger Instructor who oversees the training segment that RTB provides to Marines wishing Ranger qualification. Very cool...

Here's the deal Van Gundy, if you for some reason DON'T pass Ranger school, then you're stuck in the hideous Uniformed Welfare Service for the rest of your tour. If you make it through USMC boot camp, you can be proud of that, and already a Ranger, just without the beret! Remember, passing Ranger school is no easy task, and if you fail you're stuck. If you fail USMC boot camp, you get to go home (or join the navy, but it's easier to just move to Frisco).

Robert, you make the case that maybe I should go for USMC Boot Camp because it is easier - much more of a SURE THING! I don't want a sure thing - that's why I decided on the Rangers. I want something really tough. I am preparing a lot and will do my best.

If for some reason we have a Liberal democrat elected president, I don't want to be stuck in the Marines and have to wear a UN Beret!!! No rubber bullets for me no matter what! I'd rather be a Ranger reject than a UN Stooge.

But hang on! I love the Marines! One of my idols, Ollie, was a Marine. I think the Marines are great but in modern times (more specifically Clinton era) many were being misused and given a raw deal. I do not want to be stuck with that. ANYTHING BUT THE UN!!!

Nothing's a sure thing, but at least if you fail in the USMC you won't get stuck in a virtual PC social experiment hell wearing BDU's for another 4 years. I never said it was easier.

Make sure you work on those neck muscles too, since the kevlar is mandatory wear throughout almost all of Ranger school now. The Dome of Obedience commands!

The question is this. Do you want to learn how to shoot and fight, or yell a lot and fight? Which service did I have to give a class on homosexual awareness in?

Not the Corps!

Are you serious? You had to give a class on homosexual awareness? Sounds as bad as public schools... this is indeed very depressing.

Good points. I just have a bad phobia of the UN. The UN scares me.

Faggotry and YOU. Yes indeed. I knew officers that were gay and flaunted it.

This is getting very depressing. As a service man and especially an officer, you shouldn't be flaunting anything - especially sexuality. Probably some of the same guys that decided to give the black beret to everyone.

Damn those hippies....

It's a sad day indeed.

Come on guys this is not what I was looking for... how about
some responses on the show.It does not matter with whome you
serve.all branches are needed there are many branches serving
overseas right now.trust me the people we now fight do not care
what uniform you wear they want us to end up the same way.Soon
you to young men will head to boot.And then well I hope that the war is over by that time.remember all the branches fight for freedom!!!!!!! semper fi

Robert always led by example, hence his homosexual awareness teaching ability. No one new the subject matter more thoroughly than Robert and to this day, you can still find him with 3 or 4 men in dark clubs, "boning up" on his studies. Besides, he just looked smashing in his dress blues with the velcro ass flap.

As for Justin, Rangers <b>do</b> lead the way. I implicitly trust him to be able to lead any group unerringly to the nearest buffet table or NAMBLA meeting.

Kevin

This coming from the same guy who has the "big john" fully articulated male love doll (with three love openings) dressed in a flight suit?

I never owned dress blues unfortunatly. They were only given to the "good kids". After I got out they started issuing them to everyone at boot camp, then stopped after a while. Must have cost too much.

Didn't you have the sequined action suit with campaign ribbons and shoulder sash the Engineers designed, Spark?

ALL branches of the service are to be commended for VOLUNTEERING to serve and protect our country and our freedoms.

The scariest part of this thread is that there's an argument between Capt. James T. (I even slept with the green chick) Kirk and GI Joe with the Kung Fu grip. :D LMFAO!

Back