1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Rare 1981 Blue Micarta 305 Clipper

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by DeSotoSky, Jun 11, 2019.

1. 300Bucks

300Bucks Moderator Moderator

Apr 19, 2005
    Little Blue piece, about all you can do is be a surgeon and super glue it back in place, that is if you have it. That piece as stated helps hold up the scissors where you could grab them, jigged bone version has metal stud. These were written and photo'ed by me in the past and posted here and at BCCI web history sites. $149 no way. Maybe if you needed it to complete all the colors series, with box $50, otherwise less. Still can be found at knive shows and all other spots. You search wizards can find it in Buck BF archives and provide a link, likely faster than me.
    At the end of their run, Buck put a better scissor in a black Delrin and red Delrin, both sawcut, scissor made by WENGER. aka swiss army. A much superior scissor. Then they got the production axe. Those do get the name "RARE", value "what you will pay". I only have the red one and never found a black WENGER.
    Let me go to photo bin. 300

[​IMG]

OK, broke down since this photo was a row or two down. Old on top, last production on bottom.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    jbmonkey, jmh33, m r merrill and 2 others like this.
  2. bucklife301

bucklife301 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 3, 2018
    Thanks for letting me know I guess I’ll think of something to do with it

3. Stelth

Stelth

Jul 15, 2007
    I want a rare "macarita" Buck!

sassafrassdogs3 likes this.
  4. 300Bucks

300Bucks Moderator Moderator

Apr 19, 2005
    If you don't have the part, just put in a drop of hot glue and hold it upside down till it cools. Or do something similar. Fine to display in a collection, just be honest if you ever sell it and tell what you did. 300

bucklife301 likes this.
  5. bucklife301

Nov 3, 2018
    Good thinking with the hot glue drop . I guess mine want sell for $149.00 dang it. Lol

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  6. Stelth

Stelth

Jul 15, 2007
    I sent "the king" a note about his inaccurate description.

7. bucklife301

Nov 3, 2018
    The scissors on the bottom red one look serrated never seen that

8. dsutton24

dsutton24 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 9, 2018
    Awww... Why'd you have to go and do that? Another variation to look for!

You know, years ago when I decided to start collecting Buck knives, I thought it'd be easy, collect 'em all and move on. I didn't dream that 30-odd years later I'd still be finding variations and new things.

By the bye, the knife in question is now back down to $99. :cool:

9. st8yd

st8yd Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2009
    you should send him the picture of the catalog showing the description of it being Delrin.