RatMastiff's should be here soon.....

Eric Isaacson

Pirate
I just got word from the shop that the RatMastiffs are on their way to me and should arrive by Thursday or Friday. I think they will most likely go on sale on Friday evening about 7 PM Eastern time. I will do my best to offer them at 2 separate times so that more time zones will have a chance.

No need to check the site every minute all week, I will not list them until at least Friday evening. However, watch this forum for updates in case they don't arrive when expected.

Price will be $238.95 plus regular shipping charges (no sheath is included)

www.ratknives.com or www.shop.ratknives.com

Sweeeet. Bring it on! :D :thumbup:

360joules said:
Sweeeet. Bring it on! :D :thumbup:
Good luck to all the rats. I think I am going to sit this one out. I have the money but I also have the Rd,RW and FSH and don't know if I want another large chopper right now. I hope they sell out quick or I just might change my mind. John

Can you post some pictures or at least some specifications?
Please.

Thanks, Vassili.

unless there are any changes it will look like the top one:
srt.jpg

greens said:
Smells like tactical Battle Rat. :cool: I'll have my alarm clock set :D
Thats exactly what its is. It was renamed in honer of Stan, the beloved Mastiff from down under.

BTW Eric, glad your internet is working again. Did you have to have the kids school you on how to fix it?

custom1022 said:
I hope they sell out quick or I just might change my mind. Unless of course someone wants to trade a mastiff for a User FSH.:D
John

Interested in selling the FSH???:p What finish and handles does it have?

Hey guys, please try to keep the wheelin' and dealin' to your emails and PM's.

:D :thumbup:

360joules said:
Hey guys, please try to keep the wheelin' and dealin' to your emails and PM's.

:D :thumbup:
Come on "T" I was just funnin. I edited the post before ya even wrote this because I was not really serious about it. Brian I sent you an email to the one listed on your profile explaining the situation. Let me know what ya think.
John

That is sweet. Too bad my wife busted my Rat fund with all the projects we have going on right now. :D I can't complain though. She takes care of me. I already have a nice Rat collection.

Good luck everyone. That is one good looking blade.

Is the only difference between the Rat Mastiff and the Battle Rat the handle? If this is the case why the $90 :eek: premium (>50% increase). The Ratweiler only went up $50 for a handle change.

I was looking to SRKW as a reasonably priced alternative to Busse. Is this still going to be the case? Will we still get the option of the less expensive Resi handle at some point?

Not trying to stir the pot (too much), just looknig for answers. And yes, I do realize a FBM will be upwards of $500 :eek: :eek: :eek: .

SS93

steelstump93 said:
Is the only difference between the Rat Mastiff and the Battle Rat the handle? If this is the case why the $90 :eek: premium (>50% increase). The Ratweiler only went up $50 for a handle change.

I was looking to SRKW as a reasonably priced alternative to Busse. Is this still going to be the case? Will we still get the option of the less expensive Resi handle at some point?

Not trying to stir the pot (too much), just looknig for answers. And yes, I do realize a FBM will be upwards of $500 :eek: :eek: :eek: .

SS93

The knife is only $60 more than a Ratweiler. I dont see where you are getting this $90 thing. The Ratweiler has never had any handle options, the res-c handled knives were/are completely different models and designs.

Rat Finkenstein said:
The knife is only $60 more than a Ratweiler. I dont see where you are getting this $90 thing. The Ratweiler has never had any handle options, the res-c handled knives were/are completely different models and designs.

$90 more than a BR. The blades don't look much different. Length, width, and thickness are about the same. Handles are the only things that have an obvious change. The reason I brought the Ratweiler up was to illustrate the upcharge for the tactical line, $50 increase from Camp tramp to Ratweiler and $90 from BR to RM (for what seems to be the same change). I think that's why other people on the forum were estimating a lower price.

I was just hoping it would be closer to the $200 mark so I could justify the purchase. Now I'll just have to order a Ratweiler and suffer for several weeks.

SS93

Hi SteelStump,

You're asking very good questions and unfortunately I can only speculate as well. I would imaging that there would be some tooling difference or other complication involved in its' manufacture which would justify this increase. I really don't know.

I will say that you would not be under-equipped with the purchase of a Ratweiler. It may not have the massive chopping power of the Rat Mastiff or Rat Daddy, but it will outchop any knife in its class. The smaller size (?) of the Ratweiler also adds a lot of versatility in a package more convenient to carry.

As far as what the future holds, we're still waiting for that particular announcement....Eric?

Welcome to the forum, bro. I hope that you stick around and of course, post pics of whichever Rat you get your paws on. :thumbup:

:D

I think the original plan was to bring it in at $198.95 which would have been $20 more than the RW and similar to the BR being $20 more than the CT.

http://www.swampratknifeworks.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=001387;p=1

Perhaps there have been some cost increases since 2004 :( or maybe the Rat Mastif is coming in something other than basic black :) or maybe the company store prices are slightly higher to reflect the short waiting time :cool:.

It is starting to get pretty close to a Busse in price though.

watch it, there. the RatMastiff is still quite a bit cheaper than a SatinJack, and it's a hell of a lot more blade than the Jack.

no complaints here. :D

Back