1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Rattle Hawk, happening or not happening?

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by Moses_3, Sep 9, 2012.

1. high desert

high desert

May 20, 2009
    I am sure I could hurt myself with a kill devil. Look at that. It's so wicked it has a blood groove on the shaft of the handle. But I would order a rattle hawk if it was offered.

2. Moses_3

Moses_3

Feb 27, 2008
    high desert, you have your Hawks crossed; the Kill Devil is the smaller on with the blunt spike and the Rattle Hawk is the larger one with the sharpened spike. And, that fuller is there to reduce weight and make it more 'head-heavy' aiding in the Rattle Hawks maneuverability, it's not for blood.

I am jealous of everyone lucky enough to score a Rattle Hawk at Blade. But...

Does anyone from the Swamp have an official word on the Rattle Hawk that they can share?

Thanks

3. darkaether

darkaether

Dec 23, 2006
    They didn't have much other new stuff at Blade so I would guess a regular release is probable, or at least a ganzaa run.

I just opened mine and it is awesome. I was expecting it to be a little clunky but its nice and light and straight up wicked.

4. BePrepared

BePrepared

Aug 26, 2010
    [​IMG]

5. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Funny.

I kid you not, it took me a minute to figure out what the heck that photo was for!

6. adrock1978

adrock1978

May 30, 2009
    Haha! Me too. I looked at it and immediately thought of it as something that couldn't happen, but it was probably 5 minutes later when I looked at it and said "Ohhh, Rattle Hawk!"

7. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 2, 2008
    That is sweet! Particularly the head angle

8. DanR217

DanR217 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Two weeks, I have it on good authority from Jerry and gang.

Looks like this will come out first, good. I need a little time to get up enough money for the butaniku...

9. mcinfantry

mcinfantry

Jun 2, 2005
    I'm debating using mine to slaughter a 120lb hog

10. Moses_3

Moses_3

Feb 27, 2008
    Hindsight, any news?

11. David Brown

David Brown Kydex Sheath and Holster Artist :) Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 4, 2001
    why are there not shirts of this

12. jball1125

jball1125

Aug 26, 2011
    You must share pics if you ever do that.

13. mcinfantry

mcinfantry

Jun 2, 2005
    I have some video...

It splits through the spine and neck effortlessly

14. jball1125

jball1125

Aug 26, 2011
    Awesome, post it!