1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Ratty Made Spring Snare

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by Snakebreaker, Jul 28, 2016.

1. FloridaBlade

FloridaBlade

Mar 10, 2015
    That fig 4 trap brings back memories, and they do work; I used to catch birds with that thing when I was a boy. Instead of the dead fall, I had a little four-inch box frame with a screen top on it (this was catch and quick release). It was a lot smaller than the one shown and pretty low to the ground, but it worked like a charm.

2. Snakebreaker

Snakebreaker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Screens (nets) and fig 4's are awesome!!

3. AnotherDogDown17

AnotherDogDown17 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Thanks for the pictures and the writeup Breaker! Sounds like you have a good group of friends to get out with.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

4. Snakebreaker

Snakebreaker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Yep.....good times. Made it out today again. No traps, but a good fire made from sparks off magnesium.