• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

RAW Spearpoint in 3/8 steel

Bill Siegle

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Had an idea and I made up this rough looking bugger :) The idea was to cut the design of an old trade dagger in half to make a single edged knife. Well I dropped the point a little and left the notch at the choil. I grabbed the first piece of steel that I could fit my design onto and it just so happened to be a 3/8in thick piece of 5160! Big blade here! Of course the drilled out tang and full flat grinds tame it a bit :) Some simple textured black G10 was used for the scales. I left the mill scale on the flats cause I kinda like it that way. Keeps it in the user catagory :) The blade has just a slight warp to it on the spine but nothing that will detract from use or feel in the hand. I could not capture it on camera so no pics. Overall it is 12 1/4in with a 7 1/2in blade tip to handle. No sheath with this one but I could make a simple taco style if you want at additional cost. As it is, I am asking $175 ***sold***shipped in the US

3eighthsspearpoint.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet knife Bill.If I saw it last night I would have snagged it! Looking for you to put up a 3/8 thick bull dozier with an 8 inch blade to be the brother to my bulldozier with a 9 1/2 5/16 Siegle! I have 4 and am wanting a 5th.Every since I saw your ubber thick camp knife I have been wanting a 3/8 thick one!

Back