1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

3. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Ray Laconico California Bowie $165

Discussion in 'For Sale: Custom Knives (Individual)' started by Mink, Nov 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mink

Mink Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Un-certain of the steel but believe it to be 1095. Carbon spotting on blade from PO. Appears to be un-used otherwise. First I will take it followed by email or PM gets the item. Handle is ebony. Hollow handle tang with a domed pin. Comes with original sheath.

Pricing this at a bargain due to the carbon spots on the blade and guard. A little buffing and some cold blue would help its appearance IMO. I had intended to do just that but never found the time.

11-3/8 overall, 6-1/2 blade and 3/16 thick.

This is a rare blade from Laconico. First and only of its kind I have seen on here.

Price is $175 $165. This includes shipping in the US and PP fee's. SOLD to the man himself

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  2. Mink

Apr 2, 2012
    Price drop to $165

3. raylaconico

raylaconico

Jan 30, 2004
    I'll take it! Email coming. Thanks!

4. Mink

Apr 2, 2012
    I must be doing something right, this is twice now I have sold one of your knives back to you. LOL

Ray, did not see the email, but my email and PP are one and the same [email protected]

5. raylaconico

raylaconico

Jan 30, 2004
    The last one was for a customer. This one is for me haha!! I sent an email to the address above. Thanks!

6. CapitalizedLiving

CapitalizedLiving

Dec 1, 2007
    Ray bought one of his knives back from me, too.

You have a pretty good system Ray. Make awesome fixed blades and sell them, transition to folders so you can make serious money, then use some of the proceeds to buy back fixed blades so you can enjoy your own work.

7. Mink

Apr 2, 2012
    Replied to your email Ray.

8. urbstone

urbstone

Jan 16, 2014
    darn it Ray! I wanted it. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.