Recent additions

I run into a guy at a sportsman show or gun show a few years back. Had a table full of nothing but Randall's. It was an awesome experience. The guy was super nice and let me hold I think just about every single one of them. Loved them all. I couldn't afford the folding tables he had displaying them but he allowed me to look and fondle just the same.

They sure make some nice knives and you got two of them. Well done. Happy dance for you.

I run into a guy at a sportsman show or gun show a few years back. Had a table full of nothing but Randall's. It was an awesome experience. The guy was super nice and let me hold I think just about every single one of them. Loved them all. I couldn't afford the folding tables he had displaying them but he allowed me to look and fondle just the same.

They sure make some nice knives and you got two of them. Well done. Happy dance for you.

Thanks Bawanna. I don't buy them often, but when I get a chance, and can budget it, I'll get one.

My Randalls aren't collectibles as I do sharpen and use them. I really like a knife properly made with 01 steel. These blades will take and hold a keen edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gotta go tour the Randall factory one of these days, it's just a couple hours down the road.

Not me, I'm not going near the place. Drive a fella from my side of the tracks plumb insane it would.

Man only got so much drool and even less control.

My bucket list is to one day own one. A small one. Along with a Wilson 1911. Not sure which has priority and not sure I'll pull off either one for that matter but a mans gotta have goals ya know?

I don't even own a Wilson. I guess I may never. I've shot them, and I acknowledge the craftsmanship.

I appreciate a well made blade, as I grew up watching my grandfather work with, and sharpen knives and other tools such as axes and other farm implements.

He used to sharpen a knife while watching the evening news. I was always in awe of his ability to put an edge on a blade.

For such a simple task, I must admit, it took me years to understand just how he did it. Now, I find myself at a stone with a blade watching the news. It's comforting. It really is.

Nice. I've read about them, but never shot one. They look good too.

I don't even own a Wilson. I guess I may never. I've shot them, and I acknowledge the craftsmanship.

I appreciate a well made blade, as I grew up watching my grandfather work with, and sharpen knives and other tools such as axes and other farm implements.

He used to sharpen a knife while watching the evening news. I was always in awe of his ability to put an edge on a blade.

For such a simple task, I must admit, it took me years to understand just how he did it. Now, I find myself at a stone with a blade watching the news. It's comforting. It really is.

We might have to talk on sharpening, I used to be able to get it real good but anymore I'm not much good at it.

What do you guys think of those new Wilson Berettas?

I've read really good things online. No personal experience. But I personally would not buy any Beretta or any pistol at all, with a slide-mounted safety. I could do a slide-mounted decocker, but having a safety up there is a dealbreaker for me.

I've read really good things online. No personal experience. But I personally would not buy any Beretta or any pistol at all, with a slide-mounted safety. I could do a slide-mounted decocker, but having a safety up there is a dealbreaker for me.

The Wilson is a decocker only.

I really liked the look of it and its 'relatively' affordable.
It's made and done at Beretta 100% to Mr Wilson's specs....not tuned by him etc.

I shot one once and it changed my life. What's a good model? Probably most interested in a full size govt with good sights.

I've had mine near 20 years before they made their own slides and frames. Mines built from a Series 70 Colt Government Model. I had it made with two barrels, one with a comp, the other without. It's a Master Grade which was the first model under the top of the line at the time. I'm not familiar with their current lineup.

Haven't seen or heard nothing about them, am I in a black hole. I'll have to check into it.

Wilson-Combat-Beretta-92G-Brigadier-Tactical-beauty.jpg

It's sort of a revival of the old 92G model, an old beefier decocker-only cousin of the normal model. They do look really nice. Pricey, but apparently around the same price as a vintage 92G model.

I prefer 9 or 40. Never really got into the 45s. I like to have more than 7 or 8 rounds on tap. Ya know, just in case ;)

Back