Recommendation? Recommend me a knife for my birthday

Benchmade freek?

Grippy axis lock thingy, I tried one on in a local b&m and it seemed nice.

Maybe try out that PM2 or manix or sage or naive or delica or domino or chapparal.

Happy b-day

I have 2 great knives to recommend but one is M4. you need to enjoy the patina, it's nature doing it's thing which is okay in my book. The first is the Spyderco Gayle Bradley 2. It is a super solid workhorse of a knife.
In my opinion it is in the top 5 Spyderco's for EDC. Another knife that I really like is the Steel Will Mini Gekko, I have it in N690 and it keeps an edge for quite a. I know that it also comes in M390 and I think D2. The knife is basically a folding Light bushcraft hard use EDC. Keep in mind that it is made in Italy and as far as I am concerned the have special skill when designing and making things. The Gekko has the liners polished on both sides of each one and the backlock can be adjusted to accommodate complete flip-ability. And with a little more time it can also be a free dropper when closing. Watch your fingers, it will bite you if you give it a chance

Delica 4 with ZDP-189/British racing green handles and deep carry clip finds my pocket more than any knife and hence gets more use. The edge holding of ZDP is really incredible although finicky to sharpen.

I thought the bugout with the ranger green scales and gray coated blade might unseat the Delica for pocket time, but is on it's way back to where it came from with terrible blade centering.

ZggG9ZJ.jpg

NPXFWnz.jpg

What about the Giantmouse ace biblio? I've seen some positive reviews. It's at the higher end of your budget but is a really good looking knife.

The BM 940 is a great first high end knife. Great size for most everyday tasks. It is most certainly not heavy or thick in any way. the normal aluminum version 940 weighs 2.9 oz... which is very light for a knife.

Back