1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Recurve camp/pack knife

Discussion in 'For Sale: Fixed Blades' started by atakach, Aug 9, 2018 at 5:08 PM.

1. atakach

atakach KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 17, 2008
    recurve camp knife, $450

I forged this from a billet I made of laddered W’s, steel is a 1095/15n20 mix

Measurements are 11 3/4” overall, just under 7” from tip to front side of scales and 1 1/2” at widest . Also has a tapered tang.

Handle is dyed and stabilized curly spalted maple.
    Hollow Stainless pins and lanyard hole.
    Sheath by Michael Omacherley
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018 at 6:21 PM
    protourist and jwccustom57 like this.
  2. dunefan

dunefan

Jun 22, 2003
    Any idea what the dimensions are?

atakach likes this.
  3. atakach

atakach KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 17, 2008
    Oops , guess that would have been good info to include .... Lemme measure it up. Give me a few minutes I’m leaving work. But off hand is thinking close to 12” overall.

4. atakach

Jan 17, 2008
    Yeah it’s about 11 3/4” overall , with just under 7” from tip to front edge of handle. It’s 1 1/2” at the widest and also has a tapered tang.

5. herdbull

herdbull Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2018
    Beautiful damascus pattern and the handles are gorgeous. Love this combination.

atakach likes this.
  6. ONeill

ONeill KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 15, 2007
    pretty damn nice knife there Andrew . Glad to see you post some of your great work here again . i was afraid that being a champion on the "Forged in Fire Show " , we might not see your work here again .

The knife I got from you is my favorite and will be always be with me , well until it goes to my son .

atakach likes this.
  7. atakach

Jan 17, 2008
    Hey jack ! Thanks my friend and hahaha, nah I just been busy , but I’ve always enjoyed selling on this forum, so I don’t plan on going anywhere

Oh yeah and I also still have the knife I got off you, it lives in my handmade leather hunting bag.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018 at 3:57 AM