Red alert traditionals!

rmzMvnS.jpg

My favorite red knife.

Like that 38! Think the single blade is an underrated pattern, mines not Red but Bocote.

Reactions: AnW
Like that 38! Think the single blade is an underrated pattern, mines not Red but Bocote.

This was the first GEC I purchased, and I really fell for it. I was surprised to later find the single blade 38s were not too popular. Not sure exactly why. I wish it had a half stop but otherwise find it to be comfortable in hand or pocket.

Yes, mystery to me too. Think it was right they offered it with a different blade as it was already with Large Clip, Pruner, Wharncliffe. I'd like to see a single Spear and keen on the near sunk-joint. Can't agree about the damn half stop though:D I prefer a smooth opener:cool:

Regards, Will

Reactions: AnW
oooohhh! Cherries already I ISKRA ? Must be an easy crop:cool:

Cherries are a very likeable fruit & tree, great wood, beautiful blossoms and many types of dessert & cooking cherries. Then there's cherry jam, the king of jams:thumbsup:

You know, that knife isn't too bad either...;):D

oooohhh! Cherries already I ISKRA ? Must be an easy crop:cool:

Cherries are a very likeable fruit & tree, great wood, beautiful blossoms and many types of dessert & cooking cherries. Then there's cherry jam, the king of jams:thumbsup:

You know, that knife isn't too bad either...;):D

Over here it's the hight of cherry season, I'd say. Although we do have another tree that is going to need another two weeks or so. :oops:

I love cherries, but for desserts I actually preffer sour cherries.

I'd go as far and call it an excellent knife. ;) Especially since it is a well cherished gift. :D

Posted this pic elsewhere on BF yesterday … cherries are the only fruit that I consume like "junk food" … I can just keep eating and eating them, sometimes until my stomach hurts. I have a couple of Stella Cherry trees in my yard, good crop this year:
upload_2020-6-1_12-4-2-jpeg.1351296

Do you happen to know the model number of that one? Thank you

Hello Tim, The RR has been 'buried' since my home move in Feb/March ;)

But I've some archived info on model No.s

Redbone (it's a dark Plum colour) RR 406. Bonestag RR 407. Yellow D 890. Brownbone RR 371 or 377. I'm afraid these are models from around 10 years ago so I've no idea if they are still in production. Tidy carry at 3 3/8" with near sunk-joints.

Regards, Will

Back