Red Trout Giveaway - Winner Announced

I'm in please. Thank you for a chance at a very special knife. My favorite cover is snakewood. Alas, I don't have one yet, but I'm working on it.

Thanks for the opportunity, I'm in. I'm one of the odd ducks that actually prefers Micarta covers. I'm also a big fan of ebony wood covers.

Not my favorite knife, but might be my favorite covers ...
TCeZLqk.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in please. Thank you for a chance at a very special knife. My favorite cover is snakewood. Alas, I don't have one yet, but I'm working on it.

The GEC American Whittler SFO 98 pattern is perhaps the nicest snakewood I have ever seen.

Generous of you Wharn!!! I found your requirement (of picking a favorite cover material) in order to enter... nearly impossible. I've been going back and forth for 24 hours now and realize that not going to stop. :confused:
Maybe one more wood knife would help me decide and this could certainly be "The One". :D
Thanks for the opportunity to win such a beautiful knife. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm in and at this time select wood as my favorite cover material. Sorry I can't be more specific but here's a Cody Scout in Ebony I really like. :cool:

SOLWO0R.jpg

Thanks again and good luck to all contestants, love your photos! :)

Last edited:
This one calls me so I am in, please & thank you.

My favorite ALL TIME MATERIAL is stacked BIRCH BARK followed closely by most woods because I have all the ability to maintain, alter, or make new again, if need be.

Here in TEAK

View attachment 1385861

I live the look of stag bit not all is created or matched equally.

Another recent favorite is leather. This is an awesome handful. :thumbsup:

View attachment 1385866
I like your taste in knives, Ray. :thumbsup:

I'm in, and thank you for the generous GAW. :):thumbsup:

I like wood, micarta, and good ol' yeller Delrin about equally. :D Here are three favorites in each of those materials: GEC #47 Viper (micarta), Case Peanut (Delrin), and Canal Street Jack (wood):

JvE8zmh.jpg

I'm in. Tough question. I like wood a lot:
PocketCarver-1.JPG

but one my favorite knives is in G10 (which I consider the same as Micarta even though it isn't):
wc1.JPG

and stag is pretty great too:
SMCopperheadStag-1.JPG

but I guess I like bone. There is so much variation that can be done with it and its durable.

I love Case's appaloosa:
79Appaloosa1.JPG

and jigged bone makes a great worry stone:
CaseMTCap-6.JPG
GingerAle Saddlehorn1.JPG
85Copperhead-1.JPG 85Copperhead-4.JPG
Yup. Jigged bone gets the nod. I think ;)

This one calls me so I am in, please & thank you.

My favorite ALL TIME MATERIAL is stacked BIRCH BARK followed closely by most woods because I have all the ability to maintain, alter, or make new again, if need be.

Here in TEAK

View attachment 1385861
I have never been on a sailboat, but I swear every time I see this knife posted Southern Cross by Crosby,Stills and Nash starts playing in my head.
That is a wonderful blade.

Back