Red Trout Giveaway - Winner Announced

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Wharn, Jul 26, 2020.

1. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Maybe next summer you can come up and visit - go for your first sail and we'll sing Southern Cross a-cappella & loud! :) We won't try floating knives though.

It is a stellar blade of my little collection.

2. hose56

hose56 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 8, 2009
    That is the finest peachseed GEC has ever done in my opinion. Sad that the 38 whittler won't be made again.

KnifeandEasy and pmek5 like this.
  3. Planterz

Planterz Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2004
    Ebony. Because, it's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

[​IMG]

I'm in!

sunknife, tmd_87, rbeggs and 9 others like this.
  4. eisman

eisman Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 9, 2009
    I'm in. Never could find one of those in stock whenever they were for sale.

5. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Love those eurekas!

6. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    I'm in, please, with my favorite handle material . . . ram's horn.

[​IMG]

7. Wild Willie

Wild Willie Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2018
    I personally love any knife that's executed well. My current favorite has a folded steel handle, but wood definitely calls to me. I'd like to be in for my friend @Jack Black... If that's ok. That is a beauty, excellent GAW sir!

Jack Black likes this.
  8. Matt_WY

Matt_WY Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 30, 2018
    49809244-7193-4D2E-9FF0-632FC8278A7B.jpeg CA6DAE09-8ED4-40E4-A774-65D02B127E0E.jpeg 18C52982-C93C-49E7-9AA1-1C69A716467F.jpeg I’m in, what a generous GAW. Richard and Eric brought together an incredible vision with the Red Trout Knives. I love them all, bone, wood, micarta, mammoth ivory. But my favorite is ebony or African Blackwood. Beautiful material, classes up any knife while being totally functional for a working knife.

9. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    I am in, than you !
    Wood is my favourite handle material and if I could only have one knife it would be ebony.

[​IMG]

10. Coreysbu

Coreysbu Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 2, 2019
    My favorite is kind of an odd ball material. I love this stabilized corn husk in an acrylic like material. Eric and Mr. Redtrout built this knife for me and it came out amazing. The second picture is the picture Eric sent me when it was completed, and Richard would always tell me that this picture was his desktop picture. The Redtrout boys knife in corn husk raffir is by far my favorite knife. 20200727_232402.jpg Corey's knives_compress13.jpg

11. John F.

John F. Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 9, 2005
    I'm not eligible due to low post count (I read more than chat), but I just wanted to say this is
    a very nice thing for you to do! :)

(And my favorite scale material is vintage Case red bone...)
    John

Prester John, JonMcD and Jolipapa like this.
  12. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2013
    My favorite scales would have to be Cocobolo, although I love Bloodwood also. I'll get pics of my favorite knife in each wood up when I get home this evening. I am in, and I appreciate the opportunity!

13. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 15, 2013
    I am in, thank you for the opportunity.

My favorite is peachseed bone.

20E3A471-AACA-43DD-BAFE-8CE8B5884594.jpeg 3A9D70FB-C7E3-40B1-9337-CECC7825C8F3.jpeg

Airborne 1, ea42, Old Hunter and 8 others like this.
  14. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    An observation - you know there is the potential for a very disappointed winner when this new knife arrives and it is not handled with a FAVORITE material. :( :rolleyes:

Maybe some folks should withdraw to avoid this let down. ;) :D

15. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    IMG_0299.JPG IMG_0359.JPG I am in. My favorite has to be Osage orange. But a cool second would be antique ivory micarta where it gets a little off white.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    Old Hunter and Prester John like this.
  16. A.S.

A.S. Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 8, 2017
    Please count me in! My favorite is good old Case bone in a handle. Thanks for your generosity.

939611EA-1CBC-4290-B942-A3D1C3CDF26F.jpeg

17. r redden

r redden Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 23, 2015
    Wow such a beautiful knife I have to participate so please count me in.
    My favorite cover material is hands down stag and particularly gnarly stag here is a project @glennbad did for me (thanks again my old friend) In the case is a Buck 110, Case Sodbuster, Case Stockman, Case Trapper, Colonial Barlow, GEC 15 Boys Knife and a TL-29 Camillus that was modifyed to a single blade liner lock with EO notch and lanyard hole.

[​IMG]

boykinlp, redsparrow, pmek5 and 5 others like this.
  18. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Note: I changed my entry post.

19. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    I'm in!

Although I love stag and bone, my favorite cover material is wood. Here are some of my favorites:
    [​IMG]
    Ebony

[​IMG]
    Juniper

[​IMG]
    Olive wood

[​IMG]
    Desert ironwood

[​IMG]
    Curly birch

If I win, would you please send the knife to @r redden?

redsparrow, r redden, pmek5 and 9 others like this.
  20. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Basically it's easier for me to say what I don't like (MOP/MOT Abalone;)) All the rest I like a lot, but for the sake of entry and what I like today, here's Blonde Horn.

[​IMG]

Sterling GAW and should I win I'd like it sent not to me but. @.....well, I'll say if I win, who doesn't enjoy a good mystery ?;)

Regards, Will