Attention Redmeadow Email Newsletter (Dibs, Sales, Etc..)

Hot dang, I got one!!! Freaking awesome-sauce!
Thanks so much, John.

(I thought I was going to be able to sit on this news for a while, but no doing it. 🤣)
Congratulations! What blade/handle combo are you choosing? You wanted the Zulu?

Hot dang, I got one!!! Freaking awesome-sauce!
Thanks so much, John.

(I thought I was going to be able to sit on this news for a while, but no doing it. 🤣)
You're welcome Dave. Glad you got in, you're generosity the last round was awesome. You and the other Dibs must have some serious internet speeds, you guys popped up immediately!

Edit: Had to run in town to harass my kids at a concession stand they're running at a game. I'll get you the option emails as soon as I get home.

Thanks, I've been wanting to try a Zulu ever since I first saw the Cowbells (over a year ago, I think?), and your pictures and comments on the last couple of pages cliched it. You have a keeper there!
Well... If it dosen't fit your style, you know where to send it !

Ooooh! Forged! :cool:
My boy's obsession with forging hasn't been a fleeting thing so we got him an Atlas anvil for his 9th birthday and I mounted it for his height. It's almost 70 pounds and is a really good design with nice rebound.

No more standing on milk cartons for him to use my anvil, he's got his own setup and hammer. He constantly goes through every blacksmithing book and catalogue that I have and hasn't slowed down. I don't push the things that I do on them and try to keep an eye on what they're genuinely interested in. This boy wants to forge and I do my best to oblige whenever he wants to. He can run things on his own safety wise but still needs Dad's direction and muscle for certain tasks.

He's been making knives and meat turners and has started on leaf keychains. He's progressing really well. His sister loves forging as well but she has a million interests right now and stays pretty busy. She's been sick for the last week but is in the mend. When she feels better we've got another canister damascus experiment set up to work on.

I'll work on forging wingbats while he does his thing and though it takes away from my normal knife schedule it allows me to work on getting at least some kind of product out to you guys.

That's a quick run down of why the wingbats came to be, I can see my boy taking the reins on them one day for sure.

He wants a hydraulic press and a power hammer.....
"You're gonna need a bigger boat!
tumblr_n6fg6fWGnu1s9816mo1_500.gif

My boy's obsession with forging hasn't been a fleeting thing so we got him an Atlas anvil for his 9th birthday and I mounted it for his height. It's almost 70 pounds and is a really good design with nice rebound.

No more standing on milk cartons for him to use my anvil, he's got his own setup and hammer. He constantly goes through every blacksmithing book and catalogue that I have and hasn't slowed down. I don't push the things that I do on them and try to keep an eye on what they're genuinely interested in. This boy wants to forge and I do my best to oblige whenever he wants to. He can run things on his own safety wise but still needs Dad's direction and muscle for certain tasks.

He's been making knives and meat turners and has started on leaf keychains. He's progressing really well. His sister loves forging as well but she has a million interests right now and stays pretty busy. She's been sick for the last week but is in the mend. When she feels better we've got another canister damascus experiment set up to work on.

I'll work on forging wingbats while he does his thing and though it takes away from my normal knife schedule it allows me to work on getting at least some kind of product out to you guys.

That's a quick run down of why the wingbats came to be, I can see my boy taking the reins on them one day for sure.

That's awesome to hear, John. It's a skill I wanted to pursue desperately as a boy but never had the support or resources. Your boy is going to do great and I definitely look forward to his progress and growth as a smith.

Looking forward to seeing some of his work! That's awesome John 👌🏻

Looking forward to seeing some of his work! That's awesome John 👌🏻
I'll try to take some pictures and post them in the Purple thread.

Here's the next one up for grabs in the Newsletter, 6.5 inch.
20240308_175214-01.jpeg

Edit:Here's a peek at the next one after that. 6.75. I want to keep them well under 7. It'll be fun to watch them progress, some may be similar but no two will be alike.
20240308_175221-01.jpeg

OD Green is spoken for.

We gots four giveaways coming up. I'm considering starting a 2024 GAW list instead making a list for each knife. I'll get a Newsletter out about it.

Edit:
Giveaway List Newsletter sent
hulkamania.jpg

Last edited:
Sent out confirmation emails for the list. We'll use it like a master list when we draw. Pretty good odds so far! Maybe instead of pulling your name once you've won, if you win again in that year you can pick someone to send it to or pass to the next name drawn? Something like that ought to make things fun. I hope to do these often and change things up with different items, forged things mainly. If you guys have any ideas I'm all ears.

Sent out confirmation emails for the list. We'll use it like a master list when we draw. Pretty good odds so far! Maybe instead of pulling your name once you've won, if you win again in that year you can pick someone to send it to or pass to the next name drawn? Something like that ought to make things fun. I hope to do these often and change things up with different items, forged things mainly. If you guys have any ideas I'm all ears.

Been quietly trying to land one of your blades, but man I'm needing all the odds I can get lol!! I usually get the system figured out but having a heck of a time on the cowbells. That OD green you just did, man that thing looks super nice! Whatever you all think is fair on the giveaways works for me.

Been quietly trying to land one of your blades, but man I'm needing all the odds I can get lol!! I usually get the system figured out but having a heck of a time on the cowbells. That OD green you just did, man that thing looks super nice! Whatever you all think is fair on the giveaways works for me.
Thanks man, that OD green almost went on my belt but knowing how many of you guys are waiting on Cowbells made me release it into the wild!

Back