1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Redmeadow Model 1 (2nd run)

Discussion in 'Redmeadow Knives & T.Knotts Knives' started by lessismore, Feb 5, 2018.

1. lessismore

lessismore Enjoy Every Sandwich Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    Progress thread for the second run, the details should stay the same, but each run may have different options (mainly spacer material).

At the moment, these are spoken for, that may change, I'll let you know when I hear back from the Dibs messages I sent out.

Details:
    Overall 8.6
    Edge 3.75
    Steel 52100
    Steel thickness .10"

Options
    Drop Point
    Clip Point
    Wharncliffe
    Left or Right hand sheath
    Amboyna Burl, or Blackwood front spacer

mgam, Wilsonhome, Dopic1 and 3 others like this.
  2. lessismore

lessismore Enjoy Every Sandwich Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    Blades are ground, guards and end plates are rough slotted. Working on a couple of custom orders as well, I'll be starting another progress thread for one of them shortly.
    IMG_20180214_222712-1024x1820.jpg
    Oh, what's in my hand? Possibly my best design yet, Mwuhahahahahaha

3. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    This is an exciting time in the life of a Readmeadow knife. Mysteries add to the mystery and 'citement :thumbsup: :cool:

Ray

4. Melvin-Purvis

Melvin-Purvis Not a Registered User Staff Member Super Mod

Jan 14, 2001
    Three Warncliffe's, sweet! :D

Rupestris likes this.
  5. Dopic1

Dopic1 Titanic Boat Insurance Platinum Member

Apr 1, 2013
    A fork? :eek:

6. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    At least one! :cool:

7. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Good, good - everyone at Readmeadow is very busy. SHHH - please do not disturb - stuff is happenin' :confused: :)

Ray

Dopic1 and Rupestris like this.
  8. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    I think John's just frozen in an iceberg. :eek:

Rupestris and protourist like this.
  9. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    The iceberg is thawing, I'm in a mountain of snow and couldn't see out for while, but there is light at the end of the tunnel, or wait...those might be muzzle flashes......crap.

Getting heat treat done on these today, they're having a nice little soak right now.

mitch4ging likes this.
  10. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    Dat's hot
    IMG_20180306_133618-1024x769.jpg

Dopic1 and protourist like this.
  11. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    A bit of scorching through the anti scale compound, but no scaling to deal with. About to go into their temper cycles.
    IMG_20180306_134811-1024x1366.jpg

Rupestris likes this.
  12. Melvin-Purvis

Melvin-Purvis Not a Registered User Staff Member Super Mod

Jan 14, 2001
    Looking good! East Glacier set a new record with 20' of snow for the season so far, and we're close to record at ~6'. How've you faired, so far?

13. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    Without my neighbors help, I'd be in one hell of a pickle this year. The snow drifts are over the fence and I've got a fox eyeballing my chickens every day, I may have to send him to the big chicken coop in the sky pretty soon. There's a nice wall of snow around the driveway that will probably be there well into June.

protourist likes this.