Redmeadow Model 1 (2nd run)

Thanks Dennis, appreciate that man. Leatherwork tries my patience. I'm gettin these prepped to dye and I know I'm forgetting to do something before that I can't do after!

The girls are off to the big city. Sheaths are dyed and dryin, my boy wanted to make hot things, so we were forging some S hooks when the Freight company called and said they're on their way with a tool that I've been wanting for a long while. Then maybe a trip down the road and hopefully wrap up the day with some hand stitching. That's a good day off, man I can't wait to retire so I can get some work done:D

Nothing spectacular but a bit of a game changer for the shop. It's s mini mill that will act as a variable speed drill press and a mill for slotting guards and end caps, cutting fullers, surfacing handle materials, things like that. You know, things that knifemakers geek out on:D
20181128_150649-01.jpeg

Nothing spectacular but a bit of a game changer for the shop. It's s mini mill that will act as a variable speed drill press and a mill for slotting guards and end caps, cutting fullers, surfacing handle materials, things like that. You know, things that knifemakers geek out on:D
View attachment 1028412

Nice new addition to your shop John, looking forward to see what you do with it. I've been thinking about something like that for a while now too.

Lovin' that hammer!
Handy as can be, I'd actually like another one even smaller. I hammer my stitches down afterwards and the face is beveled enough where it doesn't mar the leather.
That’s a beautiful, rich color. I like that sheath style as well.
Thanks, there's a tiny bit of "British Tan" dye in the mix that kind of brings the color closer to a shade of the stacked leather.

Back