Redmeadow Pocket Blade Info thread

Was thinking the Redstone richlite, but seems too purpley to me now, so pencil me in for the blue canyon. But if you find more of that reddish natural micarta please let me know.

I've read through several of the old Redmeadow threads, builds and others, and one had an oblique cut piece of paper micarta (same as Richlite?). John, have you had a chance to play around with that since? You had included a pic, I believe of red, and it looked intriguing. Might have to start with thicker stock for that though, not sure.

Btw, that Serrano was beautiful, and I tend to like pointier things (like Keira!).
Hmm, maybe it was red Paperstone?

The Serrano is one of my favorites and usually have mine on my hip.

Was thinking the Redstone richlite, but seems too purpley to me now, so pencil me in for the blue canyon. But if you find more of that reddish natural micarta please let me know.
Hell I'm glad you said that, I completely forgot to put the natural micarta on the list. The redstone does have more of a maroon color to it than red.

Hmm, maybe it was red Paperstone?

The Serrano is one of my favorites and usually have mine on my hip.

Yeah, red Paperstone sounds right. Looking it up now, I see that Paperstone uses paper that's thicker than Richlite, so a diagonal cut in Richlite might not show a similar "grain." And jlauffer is right - the red is looking very purple-y in recent pics. Hard to know what it'd look like in place.

I did recognize the part of the Serrano thread with the sheath because I ran across that at random when I was looking for cross draw sheath ideas a couple of weeks ago. That's a fantastic sheath - it seems to ride high and tight. A nice combination. All your work is great, but I like what you do with small blades.

Paperstone has a definite grain to it, black richlite looks solid, and the blue and red have a cloudiness to them as opposed to any linear grain. Both are lighter than micarta.

Crossdraw is a great way to go, you can draw from almost any position you're in and it keeps your strong side open for a firearm.

Paperstone has a definite grain to it, black richlite looks solid, and the blue and red have a cloudiness to them as opposed to any linear grain. Both are lighter than micarta.

Crossdraw is a great way to go, you can draw from almost any position you're in and it keeps your strong side open for a firearm.

Yeah, that was exactly my thought with crossdraw - hoping it's fairly inconspicuous, as well.

Googling "redstone Richlite knife" brings up pics like this - not sure how accurate that is.

Bushcraft-Knife-088_de301386-4690-4d55-a3e7-1c8256eb9de8_580x@2x.jpg

Hey John, I’ve been mulling this over. I’ve got a twin brother. I'd like to put my name on the list for a matching set. Basically dibs x2. Doable?

Izzit possible to get/order/have liners on this model? I'm going with the bone Micarta on this one, but red liners with that handle material would prolly turn out nice; maybe on a future build?

Hey John, I’ve been mulling this over. I’ve got a twin brother. I'd like to put my name on the list for a matching set. Basically dibs x2. Doable?
I'm good with that Ron, though I'd like to do a pair like that in the same run. You'll show up in the 7th and 8th run for now, when we get there we'll adjust however we need to so that their built together.:thumbsup:

Izzit possible to get/order/have liners on this model? I'm going with the bone Micarta on this one, but red liners with that handle material would prolly turn out nice; maybe on a future build?
Only if your a siamese triplet:D
Though I agree that would be a nice combo, we gotta save something for the deluxe model! I've really gotta stick with my plan on these.

I'm good with that Ron, though I'd like to do a pair like that in the same run. You'll show up in the 7th and 8th run for now, when we get there we'll adjust however we need to so that their built together.:thumbsup:
Even though waiting isn't my strong suit, to make this easier, I can trade places with Ajack60, then move into run 8 and have Ron in both 7 slots.

Even though waiting isn't my strong suit, to make this easier, I can trade places with Ajack60, then move into run 8 and have Ron in both 7 slots.

That would be mighty kind of you, let's hold off for now though. Maybe I'll do a run of three for that round, we'll see.

Crazy, I appreciate it but you were on the list first. John, if you get another dibs, just place them on the other seven spot and I’ll take both eights - however you see fit, this is your shebang. :)

Some full disclosure here, I agreed to use some customer supplied micarta for one of the Dibs. If anyone else wants that I'll work it in but contact me well in advance please. As long as it's from a reputable source, I'll use it. This only applies to micarta (no other synthetics or wood).

Some full disclosure here, I agreed to use some customer supplied micarta for one of the Dibs. If anyone else wants that I'll work it in but contact me well in advance please. As long as it's from a reputable source, I'll use it. This only applies to micarta (no other synthetics or wood).
Thanks for the info, John. All good here.

Back