1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Reduced: CPK HDFK, Survive 7/7 2nd, and Busse B8LE

Discussion in 'For Sale: Fixed Blades (Individual)' started by longun, Feb 2, 2019.

1. longun

longun Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 29, 2012
    BUSSE STILL AVAILABLE
    Thanks for looking. These knives are some hard ones for me to let go.

First post in this thread stating "I will take the _____" gets priority, but I will reserve the right to refuse sale to anyone. But that hasn't ever happened before. Prices include USPS priority shipping to the 50 states of the USA. Paypal goods and services only. PM or email me through this forum AFTER YOU POST IN THIS THREAD. I'll give you 12 hours to make payment from the time I supply you with my paypal address and then the knife goes back up for sale.

EDIT: I will only ship to the 50 United States

First off is a Carothers Performance Knives HDFK with edge cut antique handles and dangler sheath. I purchased this knife new with natural micarta handles and used it to cut one soft pine branch about 1.25 inches in diameter. I then purchased another HDFK with these edge cut handles. I can't see ever wearing one of these knive out, so I'm letting one go. I've decided to go with Terrotuff handles to match my light chopper, and hang on to my natural micarta handles. So I put these brand new edge cut handles on the once used blade. I also decided to go with the new sheath with tec-lok, so this dangler sheath is also once used. The blade has left a small nick in the ring on the dangler sheath. Don't know it you can see that or not.
    Again,
    Blade and Sheath are once used! Edge cut handles are new!
    HDFK - $460 NOW $430 SOLD

Second knife is an Survive 7/7 2nd. It has been in and out of the sheath a number of times, but has never cut anything. The handles show a little sheath wear. I think what made this knife a second is a faint line in the spine in the handle. But I could be wrong. Other then that I've spotted nothing else on this knife. But again, maybe I'm missing something.
    Survive 7/7 2nd - SOLD

The third knife is a Busse B8LE with a Condos sheath. Knife has never cut anything but has been in and out of the sheath a number of times. So I will say that it has sheath wear. Beautiful knife with a beautiful sheath.
    Busse B8LE with Condos sheath - $480 Now $450
    P2020003.JPG P2020004.JPG P2020005.JPG P2020006.JPG P2020008.JPG P2020009.JPG

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  2. longun

Jul 29, 2012
    P.S. No trades guys. Sorry!

3. patrickguignot

patrickguignot

Sep 10, 2015
    I'll take the Survive 7/7.
    Please email me at guignot.patrick AT gmail.com

4. Joecleo86

Joecleo86

Jun 1, 2017
    Any chance you'd want to sell those antique micarta hdfk scales

5. Charby590

Charby590

Jan 31, 2019
    I am looking at your HDFK. I like it but never having this in my hands it’s hard to compare the size. I know it has a 6 inch blade. But is this a large knife? I mean does it boarder on being to big of knife or a good size?

6. Mike157

Mike157 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 29, 2006
    If the OP doesn’t mind my butting in....

I have a couple of the HDFK’s. They are extremely well designed and very well balanced. I’m of average height and build and would call this knife about perfect for the size and intent. A very comfortable knife. Mike

Charby590 likes this.
  7. longun

Jul 29, 2012
    patrickguignot, an email has been sent to you.

8. longun

Jul 29, 2012
    Joecleo86, at this time I want to sell them together. But if they don't sell in a few days, I'll get back to you.
    Mike157, don't mind you giving your opinion at all, and I think you nailed it pretty good.
    Charby590, I like the size of the HDFK enough to buy two of them. And I think the knife really fits it intended purpose. It is a well thought out handle design IMO. Choke up and you can feather stick. Hold by the back of the handle with two fingers and it will chop a little. But I wouldn't call it a chopper. It's a hard thing to describe. Overall size is somewhat bigger and heavier than a Buck 119 Special. But with a better handle IMO. I know when I scored my first one I wasn't disappointed. But to each his own.

Joecleo86 and Mike157 like this.
  9. longun

Jul 29, 2012
    All of these knives are still available. And I'm going back to edit the original post to state that I will only ship to the 50 United States. Sorry about any confusion.

10. rollintent

rollintent

Jul 24, 2015
    I’d like to buy the HDFK if still available.

11. longun

Jul 29, 2012
    It is still available.

12. longun

Jul 29, 2012
    The HDFK has been sold.
    The Survive has sold. The Busse is still available.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019