Recommendation? Redwing Boots or?

Sweet! Are they pretty comfy out of the box?
Aside from being brand new leather they seem to be extremely comfortable , however I'm bedridden with the flu right now so I only walked a down the hallway and back a couple times yesterday.
I don't imagine they'd take long at all to break the leather in.

Btw the laces seen on the picture I posted are not factory, I accidentally a picture from Midwest boots site depicting them with the free laces they included with mine.
They look better with them for sure, but it's not what actually comes on them.

Last edited:
C3698FAE-3BF7-4581-80B9-3AC086205392.jpeg
Sweet! Are they pretty comfy out of the box?

All my Thorogoods have been comfortable from day one.
Just got a new pair couple days ago.
In the last 12 years I have bought 6 pair and had 2 pair resoled.

They are well worth the money imo.

Aside from being brand new leather they seem to be extremely comfortable , however I'm bedridden with the flu right now so I only walked a down the hallway and back a couple times yesterday.
I don't imagine they'd take long at all to break the leather in.

Btw the laces seen on the picture I posted are not factory, I accidentally a picture from Midwest boots site depicting them with the free laces they included with mine.
They look better with them for sure, but it's not what actually comes on them.
Hope you get better soon! I saw the did shoelaces being offered. I like them.

I LOVE Keen boots. To the point I have them in low, 4 and 6 inch heights. Depends on time of year and weather. All of them have been comfy as hell since day one, That was what struck me right off with the first pairs, the 6". I believe they are the Detroit model. no steel toes or suck. I was like, oh crud, new boots and a 10 hour shift....i put them on and noticed right away they felt great. And ten hrs later I was still ready to rock. Amazed. I've had the 6's for 3 yrs and the others 1.5 to 2 yrs.

I'm hard on shoes. I do a LOT of walking. Right now I'm wearing Belleville ST330 boots. Steel toe. They're the same boots naval aviators wear. They've pretty much worn like iron. Comfortable the day I put them on, vibram soles that have lasted really well and stood up to my walking and hiking. They're expensive, but they've made up for it in the length of time I've had them, to compare with hiking boots like Keen or Vasque. I've worn these almost every single day (including weekends) since 2015, and they've still got more than a year of life with me left in them, I'd say. I've used them for work, for times out on the town(s), hiking, not much that I haven't used them for. They don't have the knobbiest soles, but they last a long time.

Love my rangers. Wore them every day (to work) for like 2 years straight, and still wear them regularly. Soooooo comfy now, the insole is a perfect mold of the bottom of my foot. I've got little divots for each of my toes to ride in :). The out sole has held up great (the nitrile cork), I just need to take them to my cobbler soon for new heels.

I LOVE Keen boots. To the point I have them in low, 4 and 6 inch heights. Depends on time of year and weather. All of them have been comfy as hell since day one, That was what struck me right off with the first pairs, the 6". I believe they are the Detroit model. no steel toes or suck. I was like, oh crud, new boots and a 10 hour shift....i put them on and noticed right away they felt great. And ten hrs later I was still ready to rock. Amazed. I've had the 6's for 3 yrs and the others 1.5 to 2 yrs.
I've looked at Keen footwear. But I don't remember if they had any options I liked. I'll look again. Thanks!

I'm hard on shoes. I do a LOT of walking. Right now I'm wearing Belleville ST330 boots. Steel toe. They're the same boots naval aviators wear. They've pretty much worn like iron. Comfortable the day I put them on, vibram soles that have lasted really well and stood up to my walking and hiking. They're expensive, but they've made up for it in the length of time I've had them, to compare with hiking boots like Keen or Vasque. I've worn these almost every single day (including weekends) since 2015, and they've still got more than a year of life with me left in them, I'd say. I've used them for work, for times out on the town(s), hiking, not much that I haven't used them for. They don't have the knobbiest soles, but they last a long time.
Never heard of them but I'll look into them. Thanks for the info!

Love my rangers. Wore them every day (to work) for like 2 years straight, and still wear them regularly. Soooooo comfy now, the insole is a perfect mold of the bottom of my foot. I've got little divots for each of my toes to ride in :). The out sole has held up great (the nitrile cork), I just need to take them to my cobbler soon for new heels.
I still like the redwing boots. I'm concerned they'll be too wide for my narrow feet. I guess I need to go and try a few pairs on at a store. Thanks!

Back