• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Rehandles,filework,MULES!Cleanups,polish,sharpen,e ct.

These are some of the things i do.I customize factory knives specializing in Buck 110,112Case trappers,Russlocks,Hunters,and just about anything else in any handle material you can imagine.I do prefer working on the traditional style knives.Filework in several different styles.I do a lot of Case Sodbusters also with g-10,micarta,bone,even stag handles and filework if desired.I can reprofile and sharpen edges,polish and buff out scratches and handle /bolster dings.Ive recently been doing a lot of conversions on 2 blade trappers to make the single blades.Ive also done this with stockman style knives.Ive done a lot of work for members here and havent been cussed out or beat up as yet.;)Let me know if you have a project in mind.My prices are reasonable with a fast turnaround.
IMG_0003-8.jpg
IMG_0002-11.jpg
singletrapperslimwmicarta010.jpg
singletrapperslimwmicarta007.jpg
IMG_0005-1.jpg
IMG_0421.jpg

Last edited:
Ive been grinding blades and building skinners too with exotic steels and expert TKS heat treating.
IMG_0431.jpg
IMG_0422-1.jpg
IMG_0017-1.jpg
IMG_0016-1.jpg
IMG_0403-4.jpg
IMG_0404-1.jpg
IMG_0404.jpg
IMG_0402.jpg
IMG_0206-25.jpg

Couple more pics.Give me a hollar if i can help.
IMG_0206-24.jpg
IMG_0213-13.jpg
IMG_0206-22.jpg
IMG_0209-15.jpg
IMG_0208-14.jpg
IMG_0201-50.jpg
IMG_0201-48.jpg
IMG_0208-11.jpg
114d66a6.jpg

Last edited:
Hello, I am in Arlington Texas. Do you think you can re-handle a fixed blade?. I acquired a nice handmade blade that has no wood. I am looking for a stainless guard with some nice wood, burl or ironwood? What do you think? Thanks.

Ruben
crvntz73@att.net

Don, all of this looks great. I may be in touch soon with some projects....

I had Don work some old kitchen knives over for me. He does very good work at a reasonable price. I would highly recommend him.

Thanks Tom.Enjoyed talking with you and working on your knife!I love stag!!
001.jpg
002.jpg

Just a quick video showing the work Don did for me on my Grayman Mega Pounder. Thanks again for everything! If your thinking about getting some work done I highly recommend Don. Awesome customer service, and great all around to deal with!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/YwLyjMB2qbw

Not sure how to get the video to embed in the post, but if somebody knows how, feel free.

Last edited:
Thanks Jacob,I appreciate the recommendation and video production.It was quite a pleasure working on your chopper and also dealing with you.Let me know if there is anything i can help with in the future.

Mr. Seals,

I have a case mini-trapper in CV, it wasnt the best model that came out of the case factory
gaps in the liners, some blade wobble etc etc

what would you charge to, remove the spey blade altogether (making it a single..like a slimline trapper i suppose)
and just generally fix the gaps in the liner, and remove all blade wobble.
filework isnt necessary but still extremely cool :D

After 4 months of being out of work, i finally found a job and should start on tuesday, so money is a little tight, but it certainly cannot hurt to see what this costs.
I do not have PM access on here, but feel free to email me (Rsmith_77@yahoo.com) if your not comfortable posting price here.

thank you in advance
Ryan

Hello all i have a marbles jumbo trapper that would look good with file work and white micarta handles

Back