REKAT Neck Knife Petition

Add another name folks!
I bought my Fang about a year ago (1095, Black-T) and absolutely adore it. I've yet to handle a Nealy MCS but as of now, the sheath system that came with my Fang is absolutely the most functional and efficient I've ever encountered. As to someone else's post regarding lengthening the handle on the Fang, if my understanding is correct, the reason for the abbreviated handle is that the knife is primarily intended for reverse-grip usage, in which case you want to keep your index finger loose anyway (in the interest of wrist flexibility). And in utility service, I've never found the handle to be even a slight problem. I've added a paracord wrap to the handle to give it a bit more bulk, and just tonight I reprofiled the edge to a sharper angle (personal preference, nothing more). So Bob, please, please, please continue making this wonderful knife. In the Bang-For-The-Buck category, the Fang outclasses anything else in my collection.

Regards -- Shades

Just in case you guys missed it, Rob Simonich has gotten the OK from Rekat to do a Talonite version of the Utility. But he needs a minimum of 25 people to buy to make economically feasible for him. I think the price Rob mentioned was $125. That's pretty reasonable for a one of a kind creature like this would be.

Okay, add my name to the list for wanting to keep the REKAT neck knives in production. Where can I order another one? I have an old ATS-34 I got from PVK.

I bought a Utility from NDS a little while ago. . . excellent knife, very sharp, very low profile. If you wear it with a chain, the chain produces a fair amount of noise slipping through the eyeholes of the sheath; I cut a 2" piece of shoelace, put it through the eyeholes and threaded the chain through that.

I would buy another just to have a matching pair.

------------------
Even God likes concealed carry. . . Judges 3:15-30

Neck knives are an excellent addition to the armamentarium. I'd hate to see them go, at least if they aren't replaced with new models. Talonite anyone? I'd buy one.

My vote for keeping the Utility. Perhaps a higher/ thinner grind would help. It just isn' t ground thin enough to be "utility". I had an improved angle put on and it is much more sharp than original. Also some light file work around the tang perimeter will provide a more secure hold, especially on the draw.

L8r,
Nakano

Anyone who wants a REKAT Neck Knife in 1095 go to the BladeForums Store and they are featured under the Knife of the Month Club for $44.95. You can support Blade Forums and petition REKAT with actual sales.

Anyone who wants one in Talonite add your name to the list of interested parties on the post http://www.bladeforums.com/ubb/Forum22/HTML/000209.html here in this forum.

I have already signed up for the Talonite and now I need to go place and order.
smile.gif

------------------
AKTI Member No. A000370

[This message has been edited by SDouglas (edited 14 October 1999).]
Learning to post URLs
wink.gif

Thank you, SDouglas, for the reminder.

I just voted with my wallet. In this case, actions speak louder than words!
smile.gif

Nakano 2, the edge that came on mine wasn't very sharp, regardless of grind. But, with a little work (and I do mean little) on the Sharpmaker, it is so sharp that one knife friend of mine that picked it up was 'shocked' at it's sharpness. Once you get it sharp, that hollow grind makes it feel like a straight razor, IMO.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Sometimes you're the windshield; sometimes you're the bug.
Outlaw_Dogboy

Received a Utility in a trade a few months back. Nice knife, didn't really float my boat. Wanted a Fang instead. Traded said Utility for a Fang.

WOOAAAHH! This knife is incredible! Just adding my name AGAIN, this time with more confidence and enthusiasm! REKAT, you have a real winner here, don't drop it as of yet.
smile.gif

------------------
Shawn
"Earth has its boundaries, but human stupidity is limitless."

Darn, my wallet vote didn't count. Apparently not enough voters for me to get a Fang through the knife of the month.

Anybody else feel like a Republican in a Democratic District? Or is that a Democrat in a Republican District? Or is that a Libertarian in either District?

BTTT
Add me to the list.

------------------
It just a ****ing staple!!
Guess who...

St. Mary's County, Republik of Marilundt

My name can go here too.

Assuming it was a business decision, I am sure this is an excercise in futility.

Yeah, maybe so. But it can't hurt...
frown.gif

------------------
It just a ****ing staple!!
Guess who...

St. Mary's County, Republik of Marilundt

I had a FANG. I could't keep an edge on it. One of the carbon steel models. Got it early on. May have been a bad egg. The knife did carry well. It also felt good when using. Maybe one in BG, 440V or 420V would be the asnwer? I for one would buy one!
PS I really have no room to gripe I sold it used for what I paid for it new!

------------------
Later, Jim

I had a FANG. I could't keep an edge on it. One of the carbon steel models. Got it early on. May have been a bad egg. The knife did carry well. It also felt good when using. Maybe one in BG, 440V or 420V would be the asnwer? I for one would buy one!
PS I really have no room to gripe I sold it used for what I paid for it new!

------------------
Later, Jim

Back