RENO CONVENTION -- please read.

The majority of input is leaning toward the 22nd so let's go with that unless something really drastic happens.

Bill - you might consider updating the first post in this thread to show the 22nd instead of the 29th - for those who haven't checked back in a while.

Will there be sharpening lessons?

Are any kamis coming do do demos?

Is anyone gonna bring a vid cam?

A video cam and someone with an eye to operate it is almost a must. Rob? Anybody?

Duvon tells me he has made reservations and will definitely be here unless hell happens to freeze over between now and March 22.

Uncle, I might be able to borrow one of my friends many video cameras (Most Likely a Pentax VHS camera). Want me to look into it? I'll also be bringing my 35MM camera.

Hey, if I could get my friend Bob to come, he could bring his coal powered forge. It's not very likely that he can get off of work, but I'm looking into it.

Originally posted by Bill Martino
A video cam and someone with an eye to operate it is almost a must. Rob? Anybody?

Duvon tells me he has made reservations and will definitely be here unless hell happens to freeze over between now and March 22.

Uncle Bill, I can bring a video camera! My friend says the Batteries ar flat so I'll need an Extention cord, but that should be no problem.:D

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

I could throw together a few classes on the ease of etching. Can be done easily, as long as there's a Radio Shack in Reno that carries FeCl (Ferric Chloride). I could also do a session on handle carving, but I would only wann do one of the two (don't wanna hog time on the more trivial khuk aspects...)

Uncle, would it be acceptable if I shipped a Show-and-Tell box to Reno ahead of time? I don't think they'll look favorably on a suitcase with 30 lbs of blades and such...just considering the possibility...anyone have experience with flying to a knife show with a suitcase (in checked baggage, of coures, not carry-on) fulla blades?

Keith

Why not? You can put your firearms on the plane as long as they're in a locked case...

I guess I shoudnt worry so much, but if I'm gonna travel with over a grand worth of stee, I might still look into some sort of insurance...
some are irreplaceable.

Keith

Appears to be shaping up for a VERY BUSY weekend.:)

Are we going to have time to sleep?:D

It seems to be coming together okay. Make your reservations and we'll work out the details later. I don't think I ever made a single plan that worked out exactly as I thought it would do today I just sort of play things by ear.

Video cam and pix are very important. Everybody who attends will probably want a copy of the video and maybe even some who don't attend. We'll post the pix here in the forum so everybody will have access to them.

If anybody wants to ship show and tell stuff we'll store parcels in the warehouse. Mark show and tell so I'll know what it is.

Heber I've got an extension cord -- it's a must here. My junker DC eats batteries in 15 minutes. And, quit worrying about the food. It'll probably be zero with a foot of snow.

seriously? Wow, I thot it might be a bit warmer than that. Last time I was in NV it was summer, tho....

Keith

Winter ain't over here in March. I can see Mt. Hood and there's probably 20 feet of snow up there.

Video cam and pix are very important. Everybody who attends will probably want a copy of the video and maybe even some who don't attend. We'll post the pix here in the forum so everybody will have access to them.

Heber I've got an extension cord -- it's a must here. My junker DC eats batteries in 15 minutes. And, quit worrying about the food. It'll probably be zero with a foot of snow.

But I always worry about food.:p:D he he he.If you can't tell, I love to make food and eat it.:D FWI I'm Hypoglycemic:( and need to eat every 3 to 4 hours, so I always think about food when I plan trips.

Along with the Camera, I will be bringing a 25' or 50' extension cord, External Micraphone, Trypod (I hope, but not sure yet), and a tape or two. So that all should be covered. I don't know how to get copies of the tape, so I'll leave that up to others.

-- Edited to add --

I can scrap the dinner idea if need be but would rather hope for the best. Oh yeah, I would be willing to cover food and supply costs plus make it if a dinner is a viable option (I always planned on covering the cost of food).

Sorry to say that I will be in India and will not be able to attend, even with the modified dates. :(
Wish you all a truly wonder-full time and safe travels to and from.
Blessings to all.
:D

We'll miss you, Prag.

Don't worry, Heb. I'll have something for you to eat anytime you need or want it -- sweet, sour, hot, cold, spicy or bland. You name it.

We'll miss you, Prag.

Don't worry, Heb. I'll have something for you to eat anytime you need or want it -- sweet, sour, hot, cold, spicy or bland. You name it.

Thanks for the offer Uncle Bill. It might be nice to try some Nepalie food at least once.

Prag, I hope you have a good safe time in India. I'll miss not seeing you there.

Back