Reno Knovention

Yangdu and I chatted this morning and feel that we will not be able to handle the get together as planned due to illnesses and other unforeseen challenges that have arisen. We are bummed, but do plan to get together sometime. If anyone has already purchased tickets or such, Yangdu says come on and she will definitely give you the tour and you can look through the stash:D

We will be continuing to discuss timing and will let everyone know in plenty of time for plans the whereabouts and whenabouts. I'm really sorry for the let down:( we'll work it out sooner or later. Karma has it's way.

A little heads up...........next week will be the first anniversary of Bill and Rusty's leaving us. I still have 2 swords and 4 khuks and 1 battle ax of Rusty's that will be on the exchange when I get the film back. I'd like to finish up Mary's roof money so when the good weather arrives, she can get that done. Thanks.

Thanks for letting everyone know, Gin.
It wasn't in the cards; my own circumstance changed and I was not going to be able to attend as I'd thought earlier.

>>>>>

On an unrelated note, I'm wishing you well for your health concerns, Mamav.

munk

I guess this is as good a time as any to bring up the MWKK...any interest this year? Let me know guys...

It's sad that the khonvention is off, but hope everyone feels better next year. I was really looking forward to seeing Nevada again.

That's a bummer. I would have liked to have gone.

That being said, work precludes me from going anywhere until early fall at the absolute earliest. Ah, the joys of being the new guy. :rolleyes:

Wow I can't believe this thread is up. While answering a ton of emails I got today for a raffle I'm running I was thinking to myself boy it sure would be nice to have a HI Khuk meet and greet one day. I wonder if the guys on the board have ever done that. I would love to do it sometime!

Get well everyone!

Billy

Nasty,
I'd be up for the MWKK again. If all goes well. :rolleyes:

I'd be happy to do another QD sheath-making demo. And bring some Goose Island Honker's Ale. But only if Hollowdweller will come and bring some trees with him;)

Thanks for the update Gin, even if it isn't the best of news. Whenever you and Yangdu can find the time to arrange the big Khon, let us know. I'm planning on going to it if at all possible.

Nasty, I was just thinking about another MWKK in case Reno didn't pan out in the near future. I'd definitely make every effort to be there. A big plus is that its within driving distance for me-less stressful way to transport my khuks than worrying about getting shot at the airport trying to declare them. I'll also bring some khukuri fodder from the local woods.

Bob

mamav said:
A little heads up...........next week will be the first anniversary of Bill and Rusty's leaving us. I still have 2 swords and 4 khuks and 1 battle ax of Rusty's that will be on the exchange when I get the film back. Thanks.

Hi Gin:

What and where is the exchange? I've heard it mentioned before. I assume it is some place to post knives for sale?

Thanks Gin,

Well, I have to say I am totally bummed. I had scheduled the time off for Memorial day. The option of driving 300 miles with some knives to show / trade is obviously much more appealing than flying 2000 miles without knives.

Still 2 months to go, so keeping my fingers crossed and hope to see revised plans soon for later in the year. Not sure who is sick, but if it's you Gin please take care and let us know how you're doing.

Norm

Steve Poll said:
Hi Gin:

What and where is the exchange? I've heard it mentioned before. I assume it is some place to post knives for sale?

Steve, look at the top right of this page between "Training" and "Archives." Lots of cool stuff for sale there! Oh, by the way, don't click on that if you like knives, as you'll be broke if you ain't already! :D

Norm

Norm - You could always simply ship them here...insured and all of course.

Brian - *You* don't need an invitation...nor any of the others who have visited before.

*If* there is sufficient interest, I can ask Yangdu if she'd like to support it again and ship a "Box 'o Blems" to Ohio.

medbill said:
"... I was thinking to myself boy it sure would be nice to have a HI Khuk meet and greet one day. I wonder if the guys on the board have ever done that. I would love to do it sometime!"
Billy

Billy, if you search the archives you'll probably find referances to at least 3 or 4 of them. Keep your eyes open and your ear to the ground and you'll find another one coming in due time.

Stevo

*If* held...Memorial Day weekend as always. Officially, Saturday May 27th. Unofficially, ya'll know you can show up Friday night and stay through Sunday.

The usual fare...dinner out on Friday night, Khukuris galore on Saturday with a pizza delivery lunch, grinding, repair, care, leatherwork, chopping big stuff into smaller stuff, followed by a grill/brew fiesta and a bonfire. Home cooked breakfast Saturday and Sunday mornings.

Senior attendees get dibs on inside bunks (any open floor space, bring a mat and sleeping bag)...back yard is big enough for a bunch of tents. No shooting at the ducks or geese on the pond (the cops frown on this...sneaking up on them with khukuris is okay).

Depending on the date and life events, a very well-known knifemaker has expressed interest in attending...and now Dan has too. We *might* end up with two of the sharpest knifemakers in the world here!

BTW, we also have great hiking areas, The Official Museum of the United States Air Force, malls, fine dining, Kings Island and a bunch of other local attractions. Side benefit...it might be in the 80's by Memorial Day this year!

This all depends of course, on if the core guys want to do it...

I had an awesome time at the MWKK last year. I would attend one this year in a heartbeat...if I could. :(

(I got out of the Navy to take control of my life and now I have even less control over it. How does that work?)

We need to have a PNWKK one of these years.

Back