Reno Knovention

Semp? Nasty?

If you make it to the wall this year, would you put your palm on it for me and say, "Thanks?"

There are many victims of the Viet Nam "conflict" that aren't on the wall.

Still decades later, depression, PTSD, effects of old wounds, residual damage from Agent Orange, alcoholism, drug dependency...continue to take toll on the young lives that were damaged.

Welcome Home my Brothers.

It was only a "conflict" for those back in the states. What we had was a WAR, and you're right about the wall not being complete. Every year I hear about another brother with lung disease or living on the street, makes you thankful that your not there. YET!
Go by the new WWII memorial, it's not our war but it's touching.

Dick

For most of the guys here Dick, it was conflict...that's why I used the term.

So veer it back...tell me you're coming to my house for the MWKK.

Yup...big black leather ones.

You'd fit right in.

Nasty said:
There are many victims of the Viet Nam "conflict" that aren't on the wall.

Still decades later, depression, PTSD, effects of old wounds, residual damage from Agent Orange, alcoholism, drug dependency...continue to take toll on the young lives that were damaged.

Welcome Home my Brothers.

This is very true.

There is a guy that plays old time music here in WV.

Fairly famous in a regional way.

Every year we had seen him at the Folk Fest we always go to and then several years ago he was gone.

Last year he showed up again. He said that with the war in Iraq on TV his PTSD had hit really bad and pretty much rendered him dysfunctional.(he was in Vietnam) last year he had just finally managed to get it back together.

Kismet said:
Oh noooooooooo

There be dragons.

Don't worry Kis. I intend on bringing a few khukuris that could take on any dragon out there. We'd love to have you (and anyone else) at the MWKK.

Bob

Nasty said:
Half a dozen would be great...

Andy...you're on the list if you want.

*If* it's held...

Nasty, somebody. tell me the exact location of this shin dig. I've gotta look it up on a map to see how far it is.

Dayton, Ohio, USA. A comfortable two day drive from your place.

Back