• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

REPOST - Hunter in Black Linen Micarta

440-C Blade - Heat Treat by BOS - 59/60 Rc
Black Linen Micarta Scales
Stainless Handle Bolts
Sheath Included
OAL - 7 3/4"
Blade Tip to Handle - 3 1/2"
$200 ships anywhere in the U.S.

440CBlkLinen.jpg

Robert, I'm surprised to see all these "re-posts". These Hunters all are fine 'essential' knives. By "essential", i mean they are all just what one needs to do a good job in the field, with nothing superfluous to distract from their clean look. And i have had excellent performance from 440C steel. I particularly like this black one, but as i have over 40 Custom Hunters, i simply cannot buy another high end user knife.
Hopefully others will awaken to the fact that these knives are well worth your price and will be a pleasure to use this upcoming hunting season.
roland

This is strange indeed. I guess that is what happens when the big manufacturers advertise their knives as "440" stainless, and then when the customer gets it, he/she is totally aggravated.

What folks don't seem to understand is that there are different grades of 440, and in addition, the heat treat makes a huge difference.

These knives are made from 440-C, not 440-A, or B. The heat treat is by BOS, one of the best in the business.

I guess that is what happens when the big boys dump a lot of crap steel into the market. Folks just don't understand.

Robert

I agree and will add that BF is THE place to learn from those with more experience.
roland

I have to agree with RP about these knives. I like 440. I've had good luck with it. Buck used it for years. I have one or two of yours in 440 and they work great. Someone told me years ago the secret was in the heat treatment-may have been Ron Graham. Ron was an old friend of mine and VP of Wah Chang in Salem Ore. He's the guy that made your buddy's knee replacement work.

Back